What's new
What's new

How does Kluber NBU 15 compare to Die Makers Grease?

gmoushon

Cast Iron
I bought a tube of Kluber when I rebuilt the spindle in my CNC and have quite a bit left over. Now I'm restoring an HLV-H and the tool post reassembly instructions call for Die Makers Grease, which I have zero experience with. Wondering if it would be wise to use the Kluber, or use wheel bearing grease, or wait to get the die makers that it calls for. The Kluber just seems thin for this application?

Thanks,
gm

No experience here, but it seems to be a lithium grease with EP additives. IMO, that would be most lithium greases. Can't find a number on it like #1 or #2, but the stuff is widely available for cheap. I'd probably use the Kluber as they also (I think) say it's good for open gears, so really more general purpose than you might think.

The Kluber NBU 15 is a general purpose high-speed barium complex soap grease, which is incompatible with most other greases. if you do use it, make sure to wash the bearings out thoroughly with varsol or other degreaser beforehand. hor the HLV-H it'll work, as will almost any NGL2 Lithium grease.
[h=2][/h]

Back