What's new
What's new

how is equipto tool cabinet compared to vidmar, what is runner up to vidmar

upfitter

Plastic
hi
newbie to forum but in business for 30 years.
its very expensive to purchase vidmar so looking at runner ups ie equipto. how does it compare?
thanks looking for suggestions & sources, besides ebay & craigslist
dave

I have a couple Equipto cabinets at home ,
Very nice .
Talked the boss into ordering Equipto bench/cabinets at work, good price ,and very nice
would order more Equipto products any time
Dan k.

I really like my Kennedy bench and cabinets. Incredibly stout, drawers are smooth, capacity is great. Unfortunately, I've never used Eqipto or Vidmar for comparison.

The Vidmar units I have used have roller drawer slides like an old school file cabinet. Other builders like Lista use ball bearing drawer slides like a toolbox. I think the rollers in the Vidmar are much better.

I don't know if others use the rollers, but that's what I would look for.

hi
newbie to forum but in business for 30 years.
its very expensive to purchase vidmar so looking at runner ups ie equipto. how does it compare?
thanks looking for suggestions & sources, besides ebay & craigslist
dave

Stor-Loc might end up cheaper. Broad line. Modularized. One can start with more "frame" than fill.

Shop-fab yer own bits and pieces easier for the weird stuff or those months when pockets are empty. Your pockets. Not the module's.

2CW

Stor-Loc has been good to me.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got something directly quoted by Lista. Based on some of the resale prices being asked on ebay I thought they'd be more.

You can find used Vidmars in great condition at 50% of new or buy ugly ones, pressure wash the drawers, pop the handles, sand them and spray them and they look and work like new.
Next is Lista- I just like the Vidmar design better. After that, you get what you pay for.

Back