What's new
What's new

How to figure out which inserts a Sandvik Endmill uses?

jdmak

Plastic
Is there a document somewhere that explains how determine which inserts a Sandvik endmill uses? I have a RA215.44-25MN25-09C and I can't seem to figure out which inserts fit. I see inserts that start with R215.44 online but is it that simple? Do all R215.44-* inserts fit tools that start with RA215.44? I emailed Sandvik a week ago with no response and they don't list a phone number. I'm in Alaska so we don't have local tool dealers to call.

No, the last two numbers determine the size of the insert. The 09C at the end of the part number indicates your holder accepts R215.44-0902.. inserts.

Is there a secret decoder ring somewhere for these part numbers? I see R215.44-090204* and R215.44-090208* inserts listed on the Sandvik site. Both 04 and 08 inserts list compatible tools ending in 17C. Is 09C an older version of 17C or am I still missing something?

Is there a document somewhere that explains how determine which inserts a Sandvik endmill uses? I have a RA215.44-25MN25-09C and I can't seem to figure out which inserts fit. I see inserts that start with R215.44 online but is it that simple? Do all R215.44-* inserts fit tools that start with RA215.44? I emailed Sandvik a week ago with no response and they don't list a phone number. I'm in Alaska so we don't have local tool dealers to call.

Is "RA215.44-25MN25-09C" an actual part number?
Nothing comes up when I search for that on Sandvik's website.
Anyway, once you pull up the cutter, you will see a tab that says "Matching Inserts", click that and it will show all inserts that match that cutter.

Is "RA215.44-25MN25-09C" an actual part number?
Nothing comes up when I search for that on Sandvik's website.
Anyway, once you pull up the cutter, you will see a tab that says "Matching Inserts", click that and it will show all inserts that match that cutter.

Yes that's what engraved on the tool and the printed Sandvik tag on the tube. I can't find it on Sandvik's website either. I'm guessing it is a discontinued model and they have removed it from their search.

You are correct about the tool being a discontinued model, and that is why it's difficult to find any information on it.

I'm not sure about the difference between the 17C and 09C designation. I can say with certainty however, that the 0902.. inserts will fit your holder. The last two numbers determine the corner radius. 090204 has a very small radius, 090231 has a large radius.

You are correct about the tool being a discontinued model, and that is why it's difficult to find any information on it.

I'm not sure about the difference between the 17C and 09C designation. I can say with certainty however, that the 0902.. inserts will fit your holder. The last two numbers determine the corner radius. 090204 has a very small radius, 090231 has a large radius.

Thank you for all your help

Back