What's new
What's new

How to let small shops know about our needs for machining work?

Cannonmn

Stainless
Need somewhere from 500-2000 of these fin assemblies in steel or aluminum for display only, no military use. I think the tube part can be made on screw machine and the four fin pieces are stamped then bent. Or whatever, however, we’d like to get them for $5 to about $10. Ea. If possible. Quantities we order depends on price. Where should I advertise our formal RFP to get bids? I do have a complete drawing but much too large a file to post here.

9C0AF286-5375-4DCD-8309-CD412EE59856.jpgC457E1B1-56A2-445A-B022-1BF40662A784.jpg

If ya want them injection molded, I can refer you to a small shop that specializes in this kind of work. Also have small fab shop that can do them in steel.

Would like to be put in touch with anyone who can do in steel or aluminum. Aluminum may not work as the material cost for a 2.5” round x 3” long seems to be about $7. At my minimum quantity.

Wife’s biz, Springfield Arsenal LLC, sells on Gunbroker.com under “Cannonmn” user. One item, 60mm white phosphorous mortar round, she has all components to make them but is running low on tailfin sets. For others LTAO, we have bids getting close to our cost goal, to make 500 of the whole tailfin section, and all bids aren’t in yet. These low-cost shops aren’t stampeding us but they ARE “out there.”

Back