What's new
What's new

How to relieve hydraulic pressure in a machine?

NW_toronto

Plastic
It is a scissor lift, how to manually turn wheels to left? I don't want to make you read the reasons for doing this.
I think I have to relieve pressure to steer the wheels, what controls on the box must be turned for that?

JVG 1432 hydraulics control box.jpg
JLG 1432 hydraulic control.jpg

It's probably impossible to tell without a schematic of the valves. It looks like the image you posted only labels function, but not any information about the valve positions and connections. That being said, I'm not even sure of that because it's too small to read.

It is a scissor lift, how to manually turn wheels to left? I don't want to make you read the reasons for doing this.
I think I have to relieve pressure to steer the wheels, what controls on the box must be turned for that?

View attachment 246871
View attachment 246870

Some lifts require the platform to be all of the way down in order to turn he wheels.

You can manually rotate the steering wheels if you crack open both of the steering hydraulic circuits. Since the steering cylinders are double acting and some lifts have two cylinders is gets confusing.

Biggest issue is that after you do this, the steering hydraulic circuit will need to be completely bled.

I would really want to find a better way electrically if I could but to do that you need the specific electrical/hydraulic schematics for that lift to do this and it will violate a number of labor laws.

If I was doing this remove power source or isolate. I would use VOM to trace from control to valve, then use jumper to confirm. There may be risks hidden, proceed with caution.

You could disconnect the power to the hydraulic pump, then push the switch for the steering. That will open up the hydraulic path and you should be able to steer it manually.

But if there's an interlock involved looking for pressure you may be hooped.

Back