What's new
What's new

How would YOU make this tiny part?

Can not tell if your part is an assembly of 2 parts or one is a gauge and the other is the part.

We have a small nut with 3-56 threads that is .080 long. We mill the threads so as not to deal with tapping such a short part.

Last edited:
12mm Swiss but it’s gonna be mad difficult to get the vanish thread to run into the head like that without leaving a mark on the face. Is thread relief an option?

If you are not familiar with small precision work pieces, you have 2 choices, learn the skill. Or no quote.

I'm not going to help you make this piece on this site, you will have to learn it on your own.

If you are not familiar with small precision work pieces, you have 2 choices, learn the skill. Or no quote.

I'm not going to help you make this piece on this site, you will have to learn it on your own.

Why, it's god's gift to manufacturing, deaning to contact our miserable little community. Huzzah, the Otrit has spoken!

If you were any more useless, you'd be a virus.

To me it looks like a disc with a set screw threaded thru it

these are 2-56 with a .125 x .03 head We make them 260 brass and 303 stainless but the thread stops .012 or so before the head, that was about as close as I could get.
IMG_3035.jpg
IMG_3028 (1).jpg
IMG_3119.jpg

Why, it's god's gift to manufacturing, deaning to contact our miserable little community. Huzzah, the Otrit has spoken!

If you were any more useless, you'd be a virus.

Yes Milind,
Precision work is my business, and I don't give free advice. The work pieces shown would never pass inspection, the surface finish is "China Grade".

Yes Milind,
Precision work is my business, and I don't give free advice. The work pieces shown would never pass inspection, the surface finish is "China Grade".

Why would it be you would go on a forum filled with people looking for advise, click on a link titled "How would YOU make this tiny part?" only to offer up shit like "I'm not going to help you make this piece on this site, you will have to learn it on your own."??

Looked at the photos again. Looks like a mock up of something you need to make as one piece. Photo 2 is more or less finished since you probably do not have a hole through your finger. I have single point threaded pretty close to a shoulder but I think I could get closer with a thread mill. Might have to modify the cutter to get very close to the shoulder. I have run the spindle on my Hardinge GT as slow as 15 RPMs with out it bucking. Not sure how slow you can smoothly turn your lathe spindle.

If you can not turn the lathe spindle slow enough to mill the threads could be done as a second op on a mill.

Why would it be you would go on a forum filled with people looking for advise, click on a link titled "How would YOU make this tiny part?" only to offer up shit like "I'm not going to help you make this piece on this site, you will have to learn it on your own."??

The funny (not ha-ha) bit is that implmex has doubtless done more fine, accurate work than otrit has ever dreamed of.

Because I can.

Turn thread to OD
Start a die, run in as deep as possible
Reverse the die to go tight
Or
2 part it, thread then disk, silver solder in place
Or
Thread mill, which is what it looks like, however I’d have to sell my liver to buy a Kearn microtechnic, and the mrs too I’d reckon then I too could be part of the kern family, wonder if they do HIre purchase, I’d heard it grows back
( the liver not the mrs)
Mark

Back