What's new
What's new

How would you tackle this part?

klemsontigers7

Plastic
I know it's not shown, but this part is about 2" long. How would you tackle this part? I know the walls are thin, is there some sort of stamping that would hold a tight tolerance? Tolerance is +/- .003 and the fillets shown do not have to exist, but those inner corners must be square. This will be a high quantity piece (1000-5000) after prototypes are finalized. Capture.JPG

I may or may not be an idiot for assuming this was a cross section of a round object.

In any case, drawing up something you don't know how to manufacture is a common engineering mistake.

Chances are a brake formed piece of sheet metal or commonly available extrusion could do the job if it were designed with that in mind.

Too many things we don't know, material, flatness.....

several on a sheet drill holes in one vise mount to fixture in the next

might be able to flip it to chamfer
figure out how to cut the tabs

If it is aluminum, I would do them in strips to allow 3 to be made at a time. OP10 machine the .370w and CR, flip to OP20 and machine the .301w slot and cut to length. If the volume will for sure be closer to 5000eau I would make a fixture plate to do the same thing but to be strips that use the full X travel of the mill.

If it is aluminum, I would do them in strips to allow 3 to be made at a time. OP10 machine the .370w and CR, flip to OP20 and machine the .301w slot and cut to length. If the volume will for sure be closer to 5000eau I would make a fixture plate to do the same thing but to be strips that use the full X travel of the mill.

If it's aluminum....extrude it.

klemsontigers7, don't be offended by some of the posts but do come back and tell the rest of the needed information.

The guys will give good information with having enough to go on.
Some might even offer to run the part..perhaps give a quote you cant pass.

Back