What's new
What's new

Howa 1000 late help

JRandall

Plastic
Hey I’m new to the forum. I have an old Howa sangyo 1000 manual lathe. I’m looking for an electrical schematic for it or a manual I’m running it on a 20hp phase converter and have been for 15 years. For the first time I guess ever I tried to start it in high speed and before it got up to speed it kicked an overload or something. I can still push the contacts in and make the motor run so it’s not the motor but it’s not pulling in the relay to start when I pull the lever to start it. I’ve traced wiring but can’t seem to find where the power is stopping.

Did a search and saw a member that said he has a manual for it but when I click on his name to try and pm him it just takes me to a blank screen.

Thanks for any help.
my email is [email protected]

Your magnetic contactor probably has an overload feature. This overload feature may need to be manually reset. I have no idea what this feature looks like on a Japanese contactor, but on an American contactor there will be a piece to push in. It typically clicks when reset.

I have been thinking the same thing. It appears to have a overload switch with a turn dial to change amps but no way I push or pull the thing I was assuming was reset it doesn't change anything. I was wanting to find a wiring diagram to see if I was right before I tried jumping across it. Wondering if it burnt up the overload and it wont reset.

Thanks a lot for the help. A member sent me the manuals for it earlier. Problem turned out to be the overload reset after all. I pushed the reset 500 times over the last day but it never locked in with the power off. Had to open the cabinet, turn the power on and reset it with power on. As soon as I did it that way the on/off relay jumped right in and it’s worked ever since. Maybe it’s a Fuji overload thing or maybe their is a problem with with the overload but at least I know where the problem is if it happens again.

Back