What's new
What's new

Hydra-Vise??

As far as I understand it they're great as long as in good working order. They develop problems over time like pressure bleed down and then they need parts replacement. I personally wouldn't want to be using one and find out it lost pressure the hard way?
Dan

Several years ago I worked for a company that had two hydra vises. The hydraulic spindles did not work properly. We had them rebuilt by Dapra. The hydraulics failed within weeks. I have no use for the damned things. I have a Dapra vise with a defunct air/oil spindle I would be delighted to sell to the first $100.00. It includes one set of new jaw plates and one set of re-ground plates. I was planning to make a new spindle, purely mechanical, but decided against it. Btw a new mechanical spindle from Dapra is about $1500. End of rant.

Last edited:
plus - When they work they really squeeze the workpiece, and they open up really long for their width. Negative - They don't have the hold down feature of a Kurt, so the movable jaw can lift by the amount of wear in the guideplates.

will give you $100 depending on shipping cost

Several years ago I worked for a company that had two hydra vises. The hydraulic spindles did not work properly. We had them rebuilt by Dapra. The hydraulics failed within weeks. I have no use for the damned things. I have a Dapra vise with a defunct air/oil spindle I would be delighted to sell to the first $100.00. It includes one set of new jaw plates and one set of re-ground plates. I was planning to make a new spindle, purely mechanical, but decided against it. Btw a new mechanical spindle from Dapra is about $1500. End of rant.

will give you $100 depending on shipping cost

the tightening screw pushes fluid to moveable jaw

Not quite. The screw pushes a small diameter piston into an oil-filled chamber. The large piston at the other end of the chamber pushes the operating rod that runs through the screw. I can forward the manual if you want.

Back