What's new
What's new

Hydraulic problem

Slate

Plastic
I have built a ride on snow blower, the blower part is mechanical and the propelled part is hydraulic. It has 6 gallon a min pump and 5 cu in/rev motor. There is a flow control valve in the system. All parts are new. It will move on the flat but looses power on incline to stall out. The reason for high cu in/rev motor is to drive very slow. I am lost could anyone help me.

He says 6 gallons per minute which is 1386 cubic inches per minute. We also need to know how fast the pump is supposed to turn and how fast is it turning? If everything here is new then the relief valve may not be set properly. First thing I would check if speeds are correct.

You need to fit some pressure test outlets into the circuit,then you can see where the problem is......As mentioned ,it seems a relief valve is limiting circuit pressure to a low level .

I have built a ride on snow blower, the blower part is mechanical and the propelled part is hydraulic. It has 6 gallon a min pump and 5 cu in/rev motor. There is a flow control valve in the system. All parts are new. It will move on the flat but looses power on incline to stall out. The reason for high cu in/rev motor is to drive very slow. I am lost could anyone help me.

You built it, and how did you pick the hydraulic components ?
Show your math please.

Back