What's new
What's new

Hydraulic steel lines and hoses. Sources or suppliers?

huleo

Hot Rolled
We are looking to do some hydraulic mods to a construction machine to create a couple extra remote circuits. There are some aftermarkets out there but the price is just out of the world ridiculous! I am now looking to source mostly the steel tubing and terminations, whether that is weld on ends, or other. Also not sure if companies offer pre-terminated tubing lengths. It would be nice to just tell them what I want. I doubt we have anyone around local that would do this at a reasonable cost.

So we need some face seal flange fittings to go on our main control valve block, maybe some clamp fittings to clamp the new tubing to the existing for support, and various other things.

Ideas where to go for this stuff? Would really like to get into an online catalog so I could see what is out there.

This will likely be 5/8 or 3/4 tubing, and operating pressure of 5ksi.

Thanks, I was literally just on their site. I know I could just do some long runs with hose, but that is not the right way to do it. They are typically steel for this application for line protection. I need a little help on hard line options. I did find suppliers of the tubing, but I won't need too much.

STUART hOSE AND PIPE

FORT WORTH
701 Riverside Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76111
Ph: 817-332-5297
Fx: 817-810-9129
Metro: 817-654-205

These people have any kind of pipe or Hose cut to length.
I'm not sure that they ship but I would think that they should.

I buy a lot of Hydraulic tubing from EMJ steel comes in 20' lengths.

My guess would be that a supplier for the hard line could be found, but to get that material bent in the fashion you need and ends put on to suit your system might be a tough nut to crack, especially in that diameter and wall..5K psi.

Stuart

Up to 5/8”X .083 tubing i use jic sleeves and nuts that i flare. then bend it to fit where i want ihave a 5/8 bender that i think was for something softer so its a work out but It looks decent when its done they also sell a jic male end that can be silver soldered on. I think they are called spud nuts I dont know how to silver solder well enough that i have gone that way Though

Attachments

• CC8D041F-5825-4646-913D-E590627AE289.jpg
    CC8D041F-5825-4646-913D-E590627AE289.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 42
  • B9A1D1B2-275E-4DF9-AA9B-02FBD35432C2.jpg
    B9A1D1B2-275E-4DF9-AA9B-02FBD35432C2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 39
I think the reason the factory lines are so spendy is because, when done improperly, the boom drops and kills the workers plus 3 people on the ground. The lines and fittings have to be 100% right, certified and bullet proof. Just my take on the deal.

Stuart

I didnt see the 5000 psi that is going to be thicker tubing i was working with .083 i think that was 2500 psi dont think i could bend thicker thithout a real bender and they are called tube spuds not spud nut
Tube Spud -<br>Male JIC<br>403

Ah yes, I think we are onto something! Thanks man! I have noticed that Cat ends are not welded. This is starting to make sense. I also happen to be good at Silver soldering from doing HVAC stuff.

As for the 5ksi pressure, that has been nearly a standard in high performance construction equipment for 20+yrs.

I would try a usa source first, but over here in Aus we use Stauff and their pipe clamps etc.
they have a good range.
Parker hannifin / Enzed worth a look also thats if they are over there.

At 5ksi you might want to consider High Strength Steel tubing to keep the wall thickness down and gpm at a reasonable level for size of tubing.
https://www.plymouth.com/wp-content...ion-and-Cost-in-Hydraulic-System-Design-2.pdf
I have tried recently to source hard tubing. You must buy 20' lengths to get reasonable price, but then the shipping is expensive. Find a local hydraulic shop that will sell a small quantity. Use the same strength standard for tubing and fittings.

Back