What's new
What's new

Hydraulic valve body question

ratbldr427

Titanium
Anybody here make valve bodys for cartridge valves?
I need what seemed to be a simple valve body but can't find it listed as stock anywhere.

What I want is a body that has two #8 ports(o'ring or NPT) in the top going through a NC solenoid cartridge.Opposite side I want another cartridge cavity same as the top to insert a cartridge needle valve,no check valves,need bi-directional flow.I want some 3/8" or smaller holes drilled & crossed drilled connecting the upper ports to the lower needle valve.

The flow would be across the needle when the upper valve is closed and parallel across both when open.
I am trying to get a creep feed on two cylinders when a prox sensor sees either of two targets.We have two machines that were built without cushioned cylinders and due to the design I can't install cushioned cylinders because the length would be to long with the same stroke.

I have already modified one machine but used two proxes and some plumbing to use two cartridge valves paralleled across the two existing flow controls installed at the directional valve.

Works great however I want to simplify every thing and this will work just as well.I could buy the porting tool and make it myself but I would rather buy a valve body.Prefer steel but can be aluminum.

Ahh..err... What..!

I'm familiar with valves, but your description seems like senseless rambling ..to me.

Hydraulic (pressure)? pneumatic? What is your operating fluid? At what pressures.

And can you make what you want from sectional control valve sections? They offer just about any possible configuration.

They do make ball check valves with a needle valve to control flow through the check valve. Adding this and a two way solenoid valve would get you what you are trying to do without much hassle or expense.

They do make ball check valves with a needle valve to control flow through the check valve. Adding this and a two way solenoid valve would get you what you are trying to do without much hassle or expense.

At 2500 psi?

Cal you must not know what a cartridge valve body is.So I assume you cannot make one?Hydraulic and for pressure 2300 max psi.Aluminum bodys are good for 3k.They are called valve bodys for cartridge valves.If you don't know what they are just Google it.
Cartridge valves are quite common so you must have very limited experience with hydraulics.The title says HYDRAULIC so why ask if it is pneumatic?

Ziggy Flow control valves with check valves are directional,they free flow one direction and control via the needle the other.I can't use that that's why I said bi-directional.

The cylinders are connected together at the top(rod end) and have system pressure applied all the time and have redundant check valves to stop reverse flow when the pump is off.
That is the line I want to put the valve block in.The bottom of the cylinders are connected to the directional valve and are set to 900psi.
These are 4"x 20" cylinders that are connected together with a 160p double chain.It is configured this way to always keep the chain tight since they rotate an aprox. 6k load up 180 deg.Any slack and the load could run away.

The whole idea is to simplify the control to have a creep feed when the load hits the home stop.If the dummies that designed it had put cushioned cylinders in I wouldn't be doing this.

Maybe this makes more sense?

Cal you must not know what a cartridge valve body is.So I assume you cannot make one?Hydraulic and for pressure 2300 max psi.Aluminum bodys are good for 3k.They are called valve bodys for cartridge valves.If you don't know what they are just Google it.
Cartridge valves are quite common so you must have very limited experience with hydraulics.The title says HYDRAULIC so why ask if it is pneumatic?

As mentioned, if Sectional Control Valves offered by the "usual suspects" (include Parker) don't fullfill your needs, you are asking for a big $$$ special. So don't hold your hopes high.

Cal you still don't know what a cartridge valve body is!I don't need a control valve,I have cartridge valves and single bodys on hand all I want is to know if anyone on the board makes them.If they do then it would be very simple to put another port in one.Parker sells the porting tools but I only need one.
Parker makes a body I can use but I would have to plumb it externally,I don't want that.
You don't know what you are talking about,You should not have read past the first sentence if you could not help.

Back