What's new
What's new

I can no longer post photos from Android phone

gbent

Diamond
Usta could. Any body else have this problem, any solution? Pita to have to transfer them to desktop first.

Usta could. Any body else have this problem, any solution? Pita to have to transfer them to desktop first.

There are many varieties of PITA, and I try to avoid them when possible.

I never used my phone (currently an Android 11) to post on PM, so I decided to learn how. I got logged in and found this thread and typed a reply. In it, I said that I could type a reply, but saw no provision for adding pictures. Typing on a phone screen is much more difficult than with a real keyboard, so I very seldom do it. I have not got into the habit of talking to insert text, but know it can be done. I thought I posted my reply, then decided to edit it. The editing process seems to have deleted the reply. PITA.

So I do not anticipate doing any more PM posts on my phone. This was done the old-fashioned way, on a PC.

Larry

The software that runs this forum is rather rinky dink.
What kind of phone -Apple or android and what browser are you using on it?
I use an android.
Most android browsers will default to mobile view but you can click on your browsers settings and switch to desktop view.
I do everything with my phone but if I want to post photos here I have to make the switch to desktop view before I start the post.

Android 7.1.1

In desktop mode I now get the manage attachments option. However, when I click on it I get the message "We are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style".

Must have been a forum software update that doesn't like my older OS. I can still post directly on other forums.

If you dont see dextop view or doesnt work riite at the bottom of the page press ( FULL SITE )
It should work.

ALL PROGRAMERS GREW UP PLAYING THE WHACK-A-MOLE GAME. As soon as something works, they whack it down. As for as I know, This forum and the OTHER forum,use the same software,however, they work and appear different on my computer. Every time,that I successfully post a photo or a video, I make my own step by step cheat sheet. THEN A MONTH LATER,Just like clockwork ,THINGS ARE DIFFERENT.I just grin and bare it.When are the programers going to get it thru their big heads that the COMPUTER IS JUST A TOOL. How would they like it if every time they walked up a a cnc machine ,all the control was changed around? Its enough to make you crazy. Edwin Dirnbeck

ALL PROGRAMERS GREW UP PLAYING THE WHACK-A-MOLE GAME. As soon as something works, they whack it down. As for as I know, This forum and the OTHER forum,use the same software,however, they work and appear different on my computer. Every time,that I successfully post a photo or a video, I make my own step by step cheat sheet. THEN A MONTH LATER,Just like clockwork ,THINGS ARE DIFFERENT.I just grin and bare it.When are the programers going to get it thru their big heads that the COMPUTER IS JUST A TOOL. How would they like it if every time they walked up a a cnc machine ,all the control was changed around? Its enough to make you crazy. Edwin Dirnbeck

Every time the update they screw things up.

I had exactly the same issue as gbent on my andriod note 9. I clicked FULL SITEa
and can now load picts from my gallery

Goes with the owners antiquity - the Android S9 takes good photos but nothing else - these are immediately emailed to the desktop where things can happen expeditiously - like cropping and adding captions in such as an old copy of Paint Shop Pro - then just as expeditiously posted

Android 7.1.1

In desktop mode I now get the manage attachments option. However, when I click on it I get the message "We are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style".

Must have been a forum software update that doesn't like my older OS. I can still post directly on other forums.

Mine does the same thing - like I already mentioned. Go back to the "3 dots" menu when you get that page and click "desktop site" again. Should work then, that's what I do.

Mine does the same thing - like I already mentioned. Go back to the "3 dots" menu when you get that page and click "desktop site" again. Should work then, that's what I do.

e, that fixed it. The first click opened a new tab, had to go desktop view on the new tab.

Thanks

Back