What's new
What's new

I have not been here in Years. Is Don still alive, I hope so. That is my Post??

JRouche

Stainless
I like Don because he is a machine and tooling enthusiast along side the business. Hard to pick and chose. JR

P.S> Idiots? You are mapping our activity!!??

Don would have never done that. JR

Don as in Milacron? The big cheese? He's still kicking.

We have lost members since you've been gone. Sometimes I think we need a "In Memoriam" forum to keep a record. A bit morbid, but with any community there's losses, and even more when most of the members are older (that's us, fellow dinosaurs, sorry, machinists).

We have lost members since you've been gone. Sometimes I think we need a "In Memoriam" forum to keep a record. A bit morbid, but with any community there's losses, and even more when most of the members are older (that's us, fellow dinosaurs, sorry, machinists).

I like that idea, …..what say others ?

Well it would honor some who deserved it and possibly save a few from an embarrassing gaff.

Like the college DJ I heard years ago who had just spun a song by Richard and Mimi Farina. After the song he says, "I never hear about them these days. I wonder what they're doing now?" I wouldn't know what Mimi might be doing but Richard is pushing up daisies after a motorcycle wreck while tripping several years before.

I like that idea, …..what say others ?

I think it is a good idea. I would like the thread to be arranged alphabetically, using the persons sign in name, age and date of passing, including the person's area of expertise, and made so it can't be added to, so that it would not get cumbersome.

Paul

Well it would honor some who deserved it and possibly save a few from an embarrassing gaff.

Like the college DJ I heard years ago who had just spun a song by Richard and Mimi Farina. After the song he says, "I never hear about them these days. I wonder what they're doing now?" I wouldn't know what Mimi might be doing but Richard is pushing up daisies after a motorcycle wreck while tripping several years before.

Sadly, Mimi Farina who was the younger sister of Joan Baez, passed away in 2001 from a form of cancer. I recall seeing her perform at a music hall in Los Angeles in the 1960's.

Mimi Farina - Wikipedia

Pretty good idea actually. Sometimes Ill hear about a person passing after its been more than a year. Hard to collect his goods from beloved wife after that long :) Kidding, I dont do that, Im usually early :) JR

I think it is a good idea. I would like the thread to be arranged alphabetically, using the persons sign in name, age and date of passing, including the person's area of expertise, and made so it can't be added to, so that it would not get cumbersome.

Paul

Agree the "not added to" as crucial to it working at all.

The database UNDER PM should ALSO be able to flag those who have "downed tools" and put a different category of "metal" and/or avatar onto all displays in all threads so there is no embarrassing attempt to ask a question, challenge a point, PM or email them, etc.

Ex:

Diamond (deceased)

Alternatively, all ranks revert to;

(deceased)

Lights Out

Dust

or something along those lines...

What about members who are only dead from the neck up?

Otherwise, a wanted feature, a searchable page, not 100's of posts to dig through.

Ahem. A little decorum please, you louts. :toetap:

On topic - Don let us know that "the real Leigh" has died, and it brings back a topic that Limy Sami started (with some influence from this post) regarding having a Memorial forum.

We have some difficultly talking about these things, but there's benefits to being able find such information in one place, and there was good feedback on the idea. It's still open for opinion and comments, this will help in asking Don if he'd approve the addition of such a forum.

Memorial Section

He took his ball and went home. I miss his posts, I thought he was hilarious, and a darn good machinist, too.

Better than most I've had the pleasure to know. Count me as one that always saw his posts as hilarious, as well. Seemed he always managed to take aim at those that took themselves too seriously, being the perfect foil. He may not have invented it ( although debatable ) he definitely perfected The Art Of The Troll.

Have to agree with the memorial section idea. Mr. Bassett/the real Leigh's recent passing being prime example.

I have to keep going another couple of decades at least since I just last week married a gal 16 years younger than me ;)

Re memoriam forum, will discuss with PM team ....

I have to keep going another couple of decades at least since I just last week married a gal 16 years younger than me ;)

Re memoriam forum, will discuss with PM team ....

Congrats on the new sweetheart, and yes, keep on trucking for quite a while longer (even if yours is acting up).

Great to hear there may be a Memorial section! I've just sent Limy a cross-ocean high five!

Back