Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi my name is Rebecca. My Father was Leland Brown Jr. Owner and President of US Products Co. He passed away in February and everything has been in flux. I just came into the business at the end of August and have brought in a team of people to help me stand the business back up. Step by step, day by day We are trying to get things going again. It really has been ignored. I am reading all these posts and cringing!!! The website was down but it is back up and I will be totally revamping it as soon as possible. I hired an answering service for when nobody is there to answer the phone. I have been trying to reach out to clients slowly to introduce myself. My email is [email protected] Please reach out to me with any concerns. I am doing my best but we are still in a triage type situation. Thank you- Rebecca

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Please don't give up! Hi I am the daughter of the owner of US Products and he passed away in February and it has taken till now to get in there and start applying band-aids. I am doing my best with resources all over Pittsburgh to get the business back up to it's former self. My Great Uncle Charlie started bought it in 1945 when Henry Ford need lapping products for the manifold of his cars. My email is [email protected] please contact me and I will do what I can to get you what you need.

3. Likes daryl bane liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Rebecca, sorry to hear of your loss and delighted to hear of your efforts to get US Products rolling again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rebecca,

It is great to hear US Products will live on. There a lot of people who depend on the lapping compound you produce. Best of luck to you.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dear Joe Loeffler- My name is Rebecca and my Father was Leland Brown owner of US Products. He recently passed away and it is my job to turn the company around. I just got in there at the end of August and I am working diligently to improve everything. When i went in I found a real mess and it is going to take a lot of work. The first thing I did is hire an answering service and I get all the emails of who called. I got the website back up (even though it is very old) and I am working to get a redesign on the website to make orders easier. Please do not give up on US Products. My great uncle bought the business in 1945 when Henry Ford need a product to lap the manifolds in the cars and trucks. My email is [email protected] please feel free to reach out with any issues.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Alex - Yes I wrote that obituary -My name is Rebecca and my father was Leland Brown. He passed away quickly of a geoblastoma (brain tumor) and because he lived in Florida it took a long time to go through the courts. In late August I went in with a team of MBAs, CPAs and others and am in the process of revamping the business- but we are in the triage stage. Rest assured I am doing everything I can to bring it back. My Great Uncle Charlie Elmers bought the business in 1945 and he was the engineer that created and patented all the formulas and lapping products. my email is [email protected] and i have wanted to work there since I was a girl. I hired a answering service and i get the emails of all the calls and we are in the process of revamping the website. I need to hire and train people and set a redo button- please stick with me during this transition. Thank you!!!!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Greg- YES US Products is still in business. My Father was the owner and he passed away in February and It has taken me time to get in there -- But I am officially in since the end of August. The first thing I did was get an answering service and i get all the emails so i can see who is calling. I got the website back up and running but it is horrible so I am working to revamp that. I am working with a team of MBAs and CPAs to get the business back to its former self OR to a new level. My Great Uncle Charlie bought the business in 1945 when Henry Ford asked him to create a specialty lapping product for the manifold of the cars he was making. I grew up wanting to be in the business so I am working hard. Please be a little more patient. My email is [email protected] if you need anything. Thank you for your business.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see U.S.Products has a couple postings on the Pittsburgh Craigslist. Both dated 11Nov2019, one under "general for sale" and one under "business/commercial". One ad invites folks to visit. The company certainly seems to be open for business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaUSProduct View Post
    ... My email is [email protected] if you need anything. Thank you for your business.
    Rebecca - I don't want to speak for everyone here at PM, but I have a feeling that your account of the company and of your efforts to stand it back up again strike an appealing chord with many of us. It may be that a number of us, I at any rate, would be inclined to support you with an order whether we have an immediate need for USP specialty lapping compounds or not. You sound as if you can supply product or are on the verge of doing so. I would suggest, however, that having gotten our interest you give a high priority to putting things on a more businesslike footing. Get a website set up. It doesn't have to be elaborate, but does need descriptions and pricing for what you can offer. I'm not sure that requests for patience and the somewhat iffy arrangement of using email "if you need anything" are going to go very far. Best of luck.

-Marty-

11. Likes daryl bane liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Feldman View Post
    Rebecca - I don't want to speak for everyone here at PM, but I have a feeling that your account of the company and of your efforts to stand it back up again strike an appealing chord with many of us. It may be that a number of us, I at any rate, would be inclined to support you with an order whether we have an immediate need for USP specialty lapping compounds or not. You sound as if you can supply product or are on the verge of doing so. I would suggest, however, that having gotten our interest you give a high priority to putting things on a more businesslike footing. Get a website set up. It doesn't have to be elaborate, but does need descriptions and pricing for what you can offer. I'm not sure that requests for patience and the somewhat iffy arrangement of using email "if you need anything" are going to go very far. Best of luck.

-Marty-
    Website has BEEN up, Marty. Appears to be taking orders, already:

https://www.us-products.com/Articles.asp?ID=256

Only things worrisome is a "shopping cart" website built with Microsoft WinWOES toolset and Rebecca "working with CPA's & MBA's".

It's Pittsburgh. There are PRACTICAL folks as actually know about running a bizness. So do some of their best Legal-Eagles. My old Law Prof from over 45 years ago is still teaching more Business Courses than legal ones.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Feldman View Post
    Rebecca - I don't want to speak for everyone here at PM, but I have a feeling that your account of the company and of your efforts to stand it back up again strike an appealing chord with many of us. It may be that a number of us, I at any rate, would be inclined to support you with an order whether we have an immediate need for USP specialty lapping compounds or not.

-Marty-
    Pizzaborg is nice this time of year....."come on down".....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default thanks for correction, thermite

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Website has BEEN up, Marty. Appears to be taking orders, already:

https://www.us-products.com/Articles.asp?ID=256
    Thanks - was not aware that website was live. It was not easy, but I placed an order with them.

-Marty-

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Pizzaborg is nice this time of year....."come on down".....
    Not that nostalgic, usually. I'm from Northside, y'see. Still own property there.

As far "from" it as practical, most years, Pittsburgh having held the original patents on political thievery for far too much of its history. Chicago mought still be paying them royalties, they weren't so dishonest as to weasel-out.