What's new
What's new

I need info on building a 10,000 psi hydraulic pump

kpotter

Diamond
I have built all sorts of hydraulic power units for my presses, I am in the process of making a 100 ton press. I will be using an enerpac hydraulic cylinder but I would like to make the pump myself. I need to know of some suppliers for 10,000 psi pump heads. I can get the hoses and the fittings but have never tried to source any of the high pressure components. Does anyone know where to look. I have hit google and found some manufacturers but they wont sell me a pump. Who sells this stuff and how much is it.

Kevin, you are entering a realm of liability that you may want to pass on to an established manufacturer. It is unlikely that you will be able to compete with the likes of Simplex or Enerpac. There are documented fatalities from hose bursts and such that are more liability than you should bear. They make the big bucks because they can bear the lawsuits.

You are probably right I just wanted to check out the options. I build my own low pressure pumps and have saved over a 1000 dollars on each pump by making them myself. I should probably stay out of the high pressure stuff.

Power Team makes a air-over-hydraulic 10,000 psi unit for under $400 bucks. I have one and they're pretty cool...seems like it would be much easier to purchase than to build. Maybe the GPM is to small for your job?

Stuart

I have a 220v powerteam pump, like new. (ok used a couple of running hours over the course of a job) to sell.
it runs double or single sided cylinders.
has 2 speed pump, (moves the cyl faster untill it loads up then it relieves to lower flow at high pressure)
hand control on-button pendant.

this is it except my motor is for 220v
Ohio Power Tool - Power Team Electric Hydraulic Pump - Double Acting PE554

For the job it was purchased and used on it was perfect, but for my general use on my own smaller 20 ton press it is way to fast so it has sat in it's box all lonely and dejected. I like a foot treadle controlled air over hydraulic unit for my small press better. This belongs on a big press. I want $2k for it.

Yup, the H.F. bottle jack run an air cylinder to pump the piston.

They work nice, put one on my 20 ton press, they still retained the hand pump,
so I can feel a bearing coming up to a shoulder.

I dont get how that works? but I do have a manifold on my system that allows me to feed it from a hand pump or the air motor pump. I just have to remember to let oil the back into the correct pump when releasing because they have seperate resevoirs.

I have built all sorts of hydraulic power units for my presses, I am in the process of making a 100 ton press. I will be using an enerpac hydraulic cylinder but I would like to make the pump myself. I need to know of some suppliers for 10,000 psi pump heads. I can get the hoses and the fittings but have never tried to source any of the high pressure components. Does anyone know where to look. I have hit google and found some manufacturers but they wont sell me a pump. Who sells this stuff and how much is it.
Did you ever find a supplier or build a unit?

There's a few small companies that make very high pressure pumps that run off compressed air. They are slow but deliver high fluid pressure. There is a name for them that evades me now, but with some research... All stop...

Haskel pump. Check them out. Very simple device. Again, low volume, but can do the pressure. You might be able to couple these with a lower pressure pump to get the press to a certain point, then switch over.

There's a few small companies that make very high pressure pumps that run off compressed air. They are slow but deliver high fluid pressure. There is a name for them that evades me now, but with some research... All stop...

Haskel pump. Check them out. Very simple device. Again, low volume, but can do the pressure. You might be able to couple these with a lower pressure pump to get the press to a certain point, then switch over.

they are called intensifiers. Air/air, air/hydraulic, hydraulic/hydraulic.

Depending on the volumn you are trying to pump, They do make high pressure triplex pumps, can't think of a specific brand, they are out there. Haskel does make several air over hydraulic that are ball check operated that can handle pressures up over 30K and I've used these before, too for pumping oil.

Back