What's new
What's new

IBC (Tote) Tank Fittings

Ox

Diamond
Either I am losing my marbles, or my web search abilities are shot, or .... ????

I want a 90* (street?) elbow to put on totes for dumping.
I have managed to use a 2" pipe St El once, but most of the fittings are bigger than that.
But when I search it out - perty much everything that I find says 2" pipe....

I just measured the one that I have ratt here, and I come up with 2.450"+
While pipe is 2-3/8"

Besides that - the 2" street el wants to hit the bottom of the tote skid framework anyhow, so I need sumpthing with a little more length too it if possible.

Shirley some of you have had better experiences with that than I have?

Currently I am using a 3" PVC elbow and a tarp strap with some success, but would like to up the ante.

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

How about an electrical conduit sweep bend ?
2" rigid should be about 18"-24" radius.
Or have a sparky bend you up some EMT and braze,weld, or glue a threaded fitting on the end.

I guess I've never seen one like you have. I've had 2" camlock, 2" butress, and 2" npt.

I see many of them listed @ 2" Buttress.
I ass_u_me that to measure 2.000 OD right?
AND a sqr (acme type) thread - right?

This measures 2.450 and appears to be a std 60* V thread.

They look like the bottom view in the main pic on this page.
They have got to be std... I think most all the totes that I have here are like this.

IBC Polypropylene Tank Accessories | U.S. Plastic Corp.

I guess I could ask my neighbor - that I git the totes from - what they use to fit up to them...

------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Maybe I am just lookin' at this wrong....

Maybe that is a special thread specifically for the dust cap, and they expect me to use a cam lock behind that cap?

I've seen the other fittings that have the camlock, but they don't have the threads on the end.

I just wasn't expecting to be puting the camlock over and behind the threads, but I'm sure that's how it's s'posed to be now...:o

I knew that I was dooing sumpthing wrong with this thing!

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I see many of them listed @ 2" Buttress.
I ass_u_me that to measure 2.000 OD right?
AND a sqr (acme type) thread - right?

This measures 2.450 and appears to be a std 60* V thread.

They look like the bottom view in the main pic on this page.
They have got to be std... I think most all the totes that I have here are like this.

IBC Polypropylene Tank Accessories | U.S. Plastic Corp.

I guess I could ask my neighbor - that I git the totes from - what they use to fit up to them...

------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I usually see a plastic spout, held on by a plastic collar with that odd thread, like a gas can spout. I don't think it's meant to connect to plumbing fittings. Shirley someone makes a fitting though, but where to get it? Maybe the tote manufacturers? That's why I went rubber.

The 2" camlock (QDC) fittings - the 2" must be in the bottom of the camlock rad, as that appears that it might measure close to that, rather than the major OD of the fitting?

I haven't worked with camlocks since I was a kid on irrigation (and fertigation) hoses.
I might have one laying out behind the old shop, but that's still only going to go to a hose.

Looks like this is what I am looking for, and it shows that a "2 inch" unit has an OD of 2-1/2". (of friggin' course! :rolleyes5: )
"For a 2" hose" I guess....

McMaster-Carr

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

If the threads are only about 1/2" deep and there is a large radius groove behind that then yes, it is a 2" camlock and the threads are just for the safety cap. Ag Spray and Dultmeier Sales are a couple of suppliers that will have a full selection of 2" camlock fittings. Your local Tractor Supply or Deere store will probably have fittings also.

I was just seeing the trees as a necked down D between the valve and the threads on the end.
I now see the forest.

Yeah, actually - me neighbor likely has several fittings like this, but I'd almost be surprised if many stock a 90* Street EL.

----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I think that the new fitting has arrived (not opened box yet), but I wanted to post a pic up of what I have been using, as anyone can run up to the local hardware to make this werk.

And in a pinch - this has werked remarkably well.

----------------

BTW - It's December! We made it!
Ox

Attachments

• DSCN2574.jpg
    DSCN2574.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 107
What's holding the elbow on ?
I can barely make out some tye-wraps, are they holding it like a tether to the valve ?

If the threads are only about 1/2" deep and there is a large radius groove behind that then yes, it is a 2" camlock and the threads are just for the safety cap. Ag Spray and Dultmeier Sales are a couple of suppliers that will have a full selection of 2" camlock fittings. Your local Tractor Supply or Deere store will probably have fittings also.

FWIW I looked at the 2 I have, neither has that groove.

That is my waste water tank.

Winter is here, and now it is that time of year that I tend to crank up the heater in the parts worsher and evap waste water.
'Cept I haven't bothered to turn up the heater.

I doo it in my batch worsher (tranny worsher?) so that I can skim the oils off as they fall out of suspension with evap.

I'm going through 5-10 gallons a day.

I doo it during heating season so that the $ spent on juice is an asset, not the other way...

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Either I am losing my marbles, or my web search abilities are shot, or .... ????

I want a 90* (street?) elbow to put on totes for dumping.
I have managed to use a 2" pipe St El once, but most of the fittings are bigger than that.
But when I search it out - perty much everything that I find says 2" pipe....

I just measured the one that I have ratt here, and I come up with 2.450"+
While pipe is 2-3/8"

Besides that - the 2" street el wants to hit the bottom of the tote skid framework anyhow, so I need sumpthing with a little more length too it if possible.

Shirley some of you have had better experiences with that than I have?

Currently I am using a 3" PVC elbow and a tarp strap with some success, but would like to up the ante.

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I think most street elbows arent used as they are a weaker joint and can break off easier, thats what the local gas fitter had told me why its not legal to use in natural gas lines.

Back