IBC (Tote) Tank Fittings
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    27,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7564
    Likes (Received)
    9401

    Default IBC (Tote) Tank Fittings

    Either I am losing my marbles, or my web search abilities are shot, or .... ????


    I want a 90* (street?) elbow to put on totes for dumping.
    I have managed to use a 2" pipe St El once, but most of the fittings are bigger than that.
    But when I search it out - perty much everything that I find says 2" pipe....

    I just measured the one that I have ratt here, and I come up with 2.450"+
    While pipe is 2-3/8"

    Besides that - the 2" street el wants to hit the bottom of the tote skid framework anyhow, so I need sumpthing with a little more length too it if possible.


    Shirley some of you have had better experiences with that than I have?

    Currently I am using a 3" PVC elbow and a tarp strap with some success, but would like to up the ante.



    -----------------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    20,683
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How about an electrical conduit sweep bend ?
    2" rigid should be about 18"-24" radius.
    Or have a sparky bend you up some EMT and braze,weld, or glue a threaded fitting on the end.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    14,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2743
    Likes (Received)
    4206

    Default

    I used one of these drain couplings and shoved it over the valve outlet, connected PVC to the other end.

    111.jpg

  4. Likes digger doug liked this post
  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    8,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    569
    Likes (Received)
    4197

    Default

    I guess I've never seen one like you have. I've had 2" camlock, 2" butress, and 2" npt.

  6. Likes BT Fabrication liked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    27,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7564
    Likes (Received)
    9401

    Default

    I see many of them listed @ 2" Buttress.
    I ass_u_me that to measure 2.000 OD right?
    AND a sqr (acme type) thread - right?

    This measures 2.450 and appears to be a std 60* V thread.

    They look like the bottom view in the main pic on this page.
    They have got to be std... I think most all the totes that I have here are like this.

    IBC Polypropylene Tank Accessories | U.S. Plastic Corp.


    I guess I could ask my neighbor - that I git the totes from - what they use to fit up to them...


    ------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    27,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7564
    Likes (Received)
    9401

    Default

    Maybe I am just lookin' at this wrong....

    Maybe that is a special thread specifically for the dust cap, and they expect me to use a cam lock behind that cap?

    I've seen the other fittings that have the camlock, but they don't have the threads on the end.

    I just wasn't expecting to be puting the camlock over and behind the threads, but I'm sure that's how it's s'posed to be now...

    I knew that I was dooing sumpthing wrong with this thing!



    -------------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

  9. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    14,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2743
    Likes (Received)
    4206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    I see many of them listed @ 2" Buttress.
    I ass_u_me that to measure 2.000 OD right?
    AND a sqr (acme type) thread - right?

    This measures 2.450 and appears to be a std 60* V thread.

    They look like the bottom view in the main pic on this page.
    They have got to be std... I think most all the totes that I have here are like this.

    IBC Polypropylene Tank Accessories | U.S. Plastic Corp.


    I guess I could ask my neighbor - that I git the totes from - what they use to fit up to them...


    ------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    I usually see a plastic spout, held on by a plastic collar with that odd thread, like a gas can spout. I don't think it's meant to connect to plumbing fittings. Shirley someone makes a fitting though, but where to get it? Maybe the tote manufacturers? That's why I went rubber.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    27,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7564
    Likes (Received)
    9401

    Default

    The 2" camlock (QDC) fittings - the 2" must be in the bottom of the camlock rad, as that appears that it might measure close to that, rather than the major OD of the fitting?

    I haven't worked with camlocks since I was a kid on irrigation (and fertigation) hoses.
    I might have one laying out behind the old shop, but that's still only going to go to a hose.


    Looks like this is what I am looking for, and it shows that a "2 inch" unit has an OD of 2-1/2". (of friggin' course! )
    "For a 2" hose" I guess....

    McMaster-Carr



    -------------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    8,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    569
    Likes (Received)
    4197

    Default

    If the threads are only about 1/2" deep and there is a large radius groove behind that then yes, it is a 2" camlock and the threads are just for the safety cap. Ag Spray and Dultmeier Sales are a couple of suppliers that will have a full selection of 2" camlock fittings. Your local Tractor Supply or Deere store will probably have fittings also.

  12. Likes Ox liked this post
  13. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    27,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7564
    Likes (Received)
    9401

    Default

    I was just seeing the trees as a necked down D between the valve and the threads on the end.
    I now see the forest.

    Yeah, actually - me neighbor likely has several fittings like this, but I'd almost be surprised if many stock a 90* Street EL.


    ----------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    1106

    Default

    Look at Banjo for the parts you need.

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    27,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7564
    Likes (Received)
    9401

    Default

    I think that the new fitting has arrived (not opened box yet), but I wanted to post a pic up of what I have been using, as anyone can run up to the local hardware to make this werk.

    And in a pinch - this has werked remarkably well.


    ----------------

    BTW - It's December! We made it!
    Ox
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscn2574.jpg  

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    20,683
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What's holding the elbow on ?
    I can barely make out some tye-wraps, are they holding it like a tether to the valve ?

  17. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    27,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7564
    Likes (Received)
    9401

    Default

    I have a regular tarp strap wrapped around it.


    ------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

  18. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    20,683
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    I have a regular tarp strap wrapped around it.


    ------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Cripes...."Forrest from the trees"...Didn't even see it.

  19. Likes Ox liked this post
  20. #16
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    14,455
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2743
    Likes (Received)
    4206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbent View Post
    If the threads are only about 1/2" deep and there is a large radius groove behind that then yes, it is a 2" camlock and the threads are just for the safety cap. Ag Spray and Dultmeier Sales are a couple of suppliers that will have a full selection of 2" camlock fittings. Your local Tractor Supply or Deere store will probably have fittings also.

    FWIW I looked at the 2 I have, neither has that groove.

  21. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    27,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7564
    Likes (Received)
    9401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Cripes...."Forrest from the trees"...Didn't even see it.

    You must have been focusing on the "outdoor debris" that has gotten in there.


    And BTW - that is a 3" PVC elbow.




    ---------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

  22. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    20,683
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What's in the bucket ?
    It looks allot like "Pennsylvania Crude" oil.

  23. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    27,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7564
    Likes (Received)
    9401

    Default

    That is my waste water tank.

    Winter is here, and now it is that time of year that I tend to crank up the heater in the parts worsher and evap waste water.
    'Cept I haven't bothered to turn up the heater.

    I doo it in my batch worsher (tranny worsher?) so that I can skim the oils off as they fall out of suspension with evap.

    I'm going through 5-10 gallons a day.


    I doo it during heating season so that the $ spent on juice is an asset, not the other way...


    --------------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

  24. Likes snowman liked this post
  25. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    617
    Likes (Received)
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    Either I am losing my marbles, or my web search abilities are shot, or .... ????


    I want a 90* (street?) elbow to put on totes for dumping.
    I have managed to use a 2" pipe St El once, but most of the fittings are bigger than that.
    But when I search it out - perty much everything that I find says 2" pipe....

    I just measured the one that I have ratt here, and I come up with 2.450"+
    While pipe is 2-3/8"

    Besides that - the 2" street el wants to hit the bottom of the tote skid framework anyhow, so I need sumpthing with a little more length too it if possible.


    Shirley some of you have had better experiences with that than I have?

    Currently I am using a 3" PVC elbow and a tarp strap with some success, but would like to up the ante.



    -----------------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    I think most street elbows arent used as they are a weaker joint and can break off easier, thats what the local gas fitter had told me why its not legal to use in natural gas lines.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •