What's new
What's new

Help with ID of taper attachment- Name This Tool!

JetMech

Plastic
Hi Folks,

Hope you can help me- I'm selling off the dregs of a lot of machining equipment, and one of my last items is this taper attchment.

It looks nicely made, but I do not know what machine it came off of, and I think I'll need to know what it is to have any hope of offloading it.

Here are some pics of the item:
20200517_154639.jpg
20200517_154646.jpg
20200517_154657.jpg
20200517_154708.jpg

It has a T/B logo that I couldn't track down or guess the company. It is marked MCL-324, MCL-325, etc. on various castings.

I think I have all the parts for it, hopefully I can ID it and see if anyone wants it.

Thanks for looking and giving me any advice you might have.

It looks like a lathe taper attachment.

Heh heh, yeah, I guess I should have specified that. It's definitely a lathe taper attachment, I just wonder what machine it goes to. . .

The way clamp doesn't look like it fits to a V-way. If so, that should narrow it down somewhat.

You're right, the clamp would fit a rectangular feature.

I was hoping someone would recognize the T & B logo on it. My real fear is that this is off some import equipment from a long-defunct company, and as such may never be positively identified.

I was mostly trying to find agood home for it, I'm not looking to cash in (much) on it or anything.

Thanks for looking!

Anyone else got an idea on the logo or what machine this might go with or be used on?

Back