What's new
What's new

ID This Hydraulic Pump?

teemfan93

Cast Iron
I got this as part of a lot of stuff I purchased. I'm having a trouble identifying what it is used for? The packaging has no distinctive marks and the only thing on the plate in the front of it is "DM". Based on the pressures I am guessing it is hydraulic something...

IN the package is a filter, handle, and a couple of nozzles, almost look like acetylene torch tips.

IMG_1861.jpg

EDIT: I tried to fix the rotation issue, but no luck...

Attachments

• IMG_18611.jpg
    IMG_18611.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 146
Looks like a bran-new diesel injector nozzle tester...........nice score if it is ,the gauge should be reading up to around 4000psi,300atm,300 bar,who knows how many megapascals........must be worth something like $1k new........but of course the old mechanical injectors are disappearing.

Looks like a bran-new diesel injector nozzle tester...........nice score if it is ,the gauge should be reading up to around 4000psi,300atm,300 bar,who knows how many megapascals........must be worth something like $1k new........but of course the old mechanical injectors are disappearing.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured it for as soon as I saw the pics.

Also called a Pop Tester. Saw a lot of home-jimmied rigs that started out from hydraulic jacks, when I was running my diesel VW, and frequenting the forums related to them.

Worth being very aware that the diesel spray can inject through your skin if you decide to try it. Best to keep hands clear, and not leave a nozzle in place if you got kids around that are of an age to play with 'neat' stuff.

Still lots of demand, lots of old machines out there that will be in use another 50 years, as well as those that are looking to go all mechanical on their trucks, and the like.

------------------WARNING--KEEP CLEAR OF HIGH PRESSURE SPRAY--NO JOKE------------------I think the gauge is the costly part......the gauge on my Leslie Hartridge fractured at the tube connector,fortunately I had another guage ,but nowhere as nice a Budenberg...London.........I have made the testers from a single cylinder engine pump unit.....but you would still need a gauge............incidentally,the handwheel is to protect the gauge......shut of the gauge when using a rapid pumping action,all precision gauges can be broken by rapid pressure change...

Back