What's new
What's new

Identify my 4 jaw chuck

I have had this 12" four jaw chuck sitting around here for a few years, it was a real mess, rust, grease, dirt and anything else you can think of coating it. The thing I see on this chuck that is different than any other chuck I have ever seen is the jaws. Where there is normally a slot on the jaw it sticks out .25 and is .437 wide. This slides in a slot in the chuck body to guide the jaws. The thing looks like new under all that grunge For no reason in particular I would like to know who made it. Ideas anyone?

Moonlight,
Sounds like a Skinner Chuck to me. Scrape all the crud off
and clean it and the Mystery name should appear.
spaeth

Moonlight,
Sounds like a Skinner Chuck to me. Scrape all the crud off
and clean it and the Mystery name should appear.
spaeth

Soaked in solvent for a week, mostly clean now, the little disc is illegible. This is an "L" mount chuck that was so crusty you could not see the threads! Took an air wrench to get the jaws out.

I have had this 12" four jaw chuck sitting around here for a few years, it was a real mess, rust, grease, dirt and anything else you can think of coating it. The thing I see on this chuck that is different than any other chuck I have ever seen is the jaws. Where there is normally a slot on the jaw it sticks out .25 and is .437 wide. This slides in a slot in the chuck body to guide the jaws. The thing looks like new under all that grunge For no reason in particular I would like to know who made it. Ideas anyone?

Sounds like a chuck perfect for a welding positioner project.

Here is my HGR $260 Cushnman 12" solid steel direct mount 4jaw, before and after scrubbing with a brass brush and the mix of ATF and Acetone.
Ud4C57C.jpg

kNVnVdj.jpg

How do I get it off my I phone? I have windoze on my confuser........

Ever email?

You can attach a photo to an email sent from your phone to your "confuser"

My phone has an "orange blob" lower right you punch for starting an email - and punching it will show you that page and immediately want an email address

Here is how my Samsung S9 does this

The photo will be in your gallery - the "paper clip" icon on the email is how you GET the photo out of your gallery and stuck on your email. My phone has a "done" key you punch after you are done attaching a photo.

The S9 has a cute little "paper airplane" symbol for sending the email, and a line at the bottom of the screen plainly states that your newly minted email is being sent

In your computer you need to open that email and do a "save as" to the photo - stick it where you will have a good idea of where it is. If you have an old clunky photo editing program (I have Paint Shop Pro 7) such things are handy for cropping and or captioning if you are so inclined

I found a brand new chuck under all that grunge. It's on my LeBlond right now.

Good news, and good on yah! New is NICE!

Good news too damned rare! Made my day, mate!

Solvents. Gotta love 'em!

Spent most of today wrestling with a really NICE Toro rear-bagger SP lawnmower that actually DOES all the s**t they are supposed to DO. Even start on the first pull and suck up ALL the clippings, as neatly as a good vacuum cleaner.

Neighbour who onpassed it, "won't start, too expensive to repair" was amazed I had it running in five minutes and cutting the green s**t after 30 minutes "warm up".

Yah well. It's running well.. power enough .. and at full-choke only.

Stochiometrics are that way,

... given the fuel is a blend of about 70% MOGAS, 15% Isopropanol and 15% Xylene for now?

I did say "solvents"? Straight MOGAS by next week?

Meahh. If not, Tuesday. No more than I use I could run it on Sulphuric Ether!

:)

Who can be bothered putting a wrench to a repurposed Chinese "Lancin" motorbike engine these days?

Back