What's new
What's new

Identifying a large rotary table brand and use.

lazz

Stainless
I have been offered a rather large appearing rotary table. I have not seen it in person only a poor quality picture. The owner also mentioned he used s forklift to place it on the machine.

What would this configuration be used for?

IMG_0223.jpg

Looks like a SIP jig borer tilting rotary but that picture is very hard to really tell. Not sure the dials are right though, can't see well enough. If it is it should have a tag with the model on it that is pretty robust so should still be there.

Tilting rotary table. Forklift, crane, any tilting rotary of any size is NOT something you can just pickup.Allows machining of multiple sides in one chucking.
I have two machines permanently fixtured with one. Very handy if in good shape.

Don't think it's a SIP although pretty close to it. I have four different sizes of SIP tilting tables, and this one is different than them

Spokes (the bores) on a wheel comes to mind.

Test tube bores in the hub of a lab centrifuge.

Prostetic tailfeather installations on peacocks.

Spokes on a handwheel.

I have a 12" version made by Nikken that I keep on a small radial drill. The rotary has an old lathe chuck attached and I used it quite often drilling bolt hole circles and work on round parts(set screws, roll pin holes, etc.). The tilting part makes this a breeze.

I can still hoist it up on the mill when I need it but it's really a bit big for a bridgeport style machine with a 10x56 table. Mine weighs 220lbs.

What would this configuration be used for?

large countersinks? here's a job with a 12" rotary table perched on an adjustable angle table, iirc its 2" plate. Likely not what Hauser had in mind (rough work by jig boring standards)

Other than that, I've not needed a set up like that. Other times works been small enough to use the dividing head. I wouldn't want to give the daylight, but of course have no idea how big a machine you have. then again anything Hauser is about as good as it gets.....i've their smallest jig borer which likely weighs less than that table

LqYxs64.jpg

9c246kV.jpg

Back