What's new
What's new

Induma 1-S milling machine lubrication and matinence

corcaminy

Plastic
Hey, I have decided to service my mill and clean all the ways and re grease and oil things, the only problem,, is i have an older manual and do not understand the lubricants enought to know the equivelants that i need to go purchase if anyone could help me sort things out so i can purchase what i need, thanks!

0620181822.jpg

Royal Dutch Shell is very much still in business.

A phone call to the tech line will clear things up nicely.

1. Tellus 33 = ISO-68 AW (Mobil DTE 26)
2. Carnea 33 = The old stuff I have lists this as a vacumn pump oil. Weird
3. SAE 10 = if you use automotive, make sure it's non-detergent. Otherwisw mobil DTE 24
4. see #1
5. Carnea 41/ Vactra #2 = Mobil Vactra #2

Somebody is going to come in and say that Carnea is way oil. Wrong! Shell's way oil was Tonna then. That's what doesn't make sense to me is #5 where they list Carnea and Vactra.

On having another cup of coffee, I thought that I'd better ask where on the mill the #2 lube is called for. Also, does your mill have a built in one-shot oiler at the front of the knee? What does it call for?
JR

Hey, thanks for the info, my problem with the shell stuff is anywhere i go id need to buy a 5 gallon pail, and i will not need that much of any of them, heres where it recommends each one to go and how often to lubricate them, it looks like there should be an oiler, there are mointing holes and connections for one but the oiler is gone, if you have a recomendation for one to buy ill give it a look. thanks0621181511.jpg0621181511a.jpg!

OK, the Mobil products that I've listed above are all available in gallons.

For 1 & 2, I'd use Mobil DTE-26
For 3, it would be Mobil DTE-24
For 4 and 5, it would be Mobil Vactra #2 BTW, #4 is the one-shot oiler.
JR

Alright, thank you so much for all the help, is everything oiled, or should somethings get a type of grease, sorry ive only used machines, this is my first jab and maintaining one myself.

Back