What's new
What's new

Industrolite Milling Machine

Skeeterrancher

Plastic
I am new to PM, thought I would introduce myself. I am not a top hand where computors are concerned, but I happened to do a search on the Industrolite Mill and found some old posts, they where all from this forum so I thought I would answer to these inquires. I purchased Industrial Manufacturing Co from Harold Olsen in 1977, He designed and built all of the machines except the last four, which I built. If any one out there has questions about the mill I would be happy to try and anwser them if I can.
Gordon Neilson

Excellent. Welcome. There isn't much info on-line about these machines. I've posted a little bit here on PM and a few other owners have posted a bit more in response.

A couple of obvious questions. What was the last serial number built and when was it built?

Are there any parts still available?

Another thought:

Tony at lathes UK doesn't have any info posted on these machines either. We should pull some info together for him, including some good pictures, so he can add the Industrolite to his amazing Machine Tool archive.

Tony would also much appreciate it if you would photo copy the printed material fully and send it to him. He might trade you some manual or other printed stuff for it. He makes hundreds of copes of all kinds of manuals which he sells. These are a great service to everyone. I've traded manuals with him. You can't get a lot of them anywhere else.

You were my first empolye. Remember you well, Dave. I have no pictures at this time , I will try to find some. As far as the ser# I will try to find the black book Harold kept them in. Will post later.

That's excellent. Even if parts & accessories are not readily available, it will be good to have your perspective and history on these machines on this forum. For example, if such info is available, it would be historically interesting to know year of manufacture, original owner, etc. of my machine. Thanks for joining and for reaching out.

Need manuals on industro lite mill

I bought a Industro-lite serial #159 M500 (Cast Enclosed Stand) last year in great complete working condition. I don't run
it much because im afraid of not getting all the oiling points. Anybody have any manuals on this machine or tell me any
oil or grease points that are not evident ? Thanks Frank (Northridge Ca.)

Greetings, Mr. Neilson and other Industro-Lite folks. My brother-in-law has an Industro-Lite model MF-300, serial # B123.

Would much appreciate info on this machine and especially getting copies of any manuals, literature. His machine has not been used in years and is a bit rusty, but seems to have lots of equipment with it.

I am newbe to metal work. Have a 1945 vintage Sheldon 10 inch lathe that is in good shape. Want to help get the Industro-lite cleaned up, lubed and back in service.

Like Frank from Northridge, I much prefer to properly lube the mill and understand it's basic mechanics before I start messing with it. Enthusiasm combined with ignorance has led me to do harm to machines more than once.

Folks,

I collected these serial numbers of the web. They really don't make any sense. I have a late model with two arbor tighting screws and Im #159. I see early models with larger numbers.
Guys with Industro Lites please update list with your machine & attachment info. And if anybody has any information or knowledge about these machines please share with us.

Serial Model

132 F500 (Cast Angular Stand) Photo Bucket

B123 MF500 Chuck F.

159 M500 (Cast Enclosed Stand) Frank S.

256 MF500 (Straight Side Stand) Bill S. early 1970's

259 MF500 (Straight Side Stand) Bill S. early 1970's

341 M500 (Cast Enclosed Stand) Mark Blue, Has all three attachments

Serial Number B123 is a MF300 model. It has the vertical milling head and not sure what else. I just came across it sort of buried in the back of my brother-in-law's shop and have not had opportunity to look it over much.

"Mark Blue" e-mailed me images of a manual for what looks like a newer machine than mine, or maybe it is the MF500, but the mechanics appear essentially the same. Thanks much "Mark"

Chuck F.

Back