What's new
What's new

Industry name for a "Threadless Ball Screw" or a "Rolling Ring Ball Screw"

doug925

Titanium
Industry name for a "Threadless Ball Screw" or a "Rolling Ring Ball Screw"

Hi all.
I am trying to locate a source for a "Rolling Ring Ball Screw- Coupler"
another name might be a "Threadless Ball Screw" as seen in the picture.

https://cdn.thingiverse.com/renders...1_threadless_mount_4_900_preview_featured.jpg

My Starrett HB400 Comparator, has one for the X axis table adjustment. (Of course Starrett was NO help with the part #)
It is EXACTLY what I am looking for, as it has a quick release (throw lever in the foreground) and makes large adjustment super fast.

20170922_122435.jpg

I am trying to locate a common, recognizable, industry name for this type of component, so that I may order some for a custom linear stage.

Web searches only provide Rohlix, Amacoil, and unlimited amounts of homemade, 3D printed stuff.:crazy::confused::willy_nilly:

Can anyone offer any help with this?

Thanks,

Doug.

Both your description and the photo tell me you want a linear guide/slide, which come either in plain bearing, or recirculating ball-bearing. I've never used one with a lock but I would think they most certainly have locking version available.

Have you tried looking at the offerings of ball-bearing linear slides?

I have some .500" diameter, short-throw cylindrical linear slides in my spare parts bin scavenged from some industrial surplus... but they aren't locking and the one in your picture appears larger than that.

Back