What's new
What's new

Info needed about Cyclo-blast

J.L.M.

Aluminum
Hello everyone.
I got a Cyclo-blast Dry Honer company blast cabinet.
Anyone got any info or a manual for them?
Any info or a manual would be greatly appreciated. .
Thanks guys

This is blaster I'm asking about. It has a unique way of blasting. It only uses 5 pounds of sand to blast with.. any one out there got 1 or a manual?

Attachments

• 20180712_224455.jpg
    20180712_224455.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 348
  • 20180712_224545.jpg
    20180712_224545.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 311
Looks allot like a cabinet with a reclaimer.

The large fan sucks the funnel bottom clean all the time.
The resulting dust abrasive mix goes to the small cyclone on the back.

The junk (small powder, broken abrasive etc) goes to the bag house portion.

the heavier "clean abrasive" drops down to the small reservoir, to go to
the suction gun again.
Some of these set-ups have an aux. venture to help feed the abrasive along to
the gun (it's located at the bottom of the reservoir)

What is wrong with the unit ?

Check with IDSBlast.com

Nothing wrong with it other then last owner didn't know how it worked and had glove box hopper filled with sand and couldn't get it to work..lol. I'm looking for a manual for it and info about the company if anyone can help with that..

Your going to need proper dry air too, won't take much dampness at all to make that kinda setup hopeless. Fed enough dry air though that looks nice. Other trick is to ensure there's a suitable mesh screen in there to stop anything too big blocking things up.

In a cabinet setup i have always been a fan of less grit not more and change it out as needed and more oftern. Too much causes way more feed issues than too little.

Your going to need proper dry air too, won't take much dampness at all to make that kinda setup hopeless. Fed enough dry air though that looks nice. Other trick is to ensure there's a suitable mesh screen in there to stop anything too big blocking things up.

In a cabinet setup i have always been a fan of less grit not more and change it out as needed and more oftern. Too much causes way more feed issues than too little.

Ya I understand how it works. Been blasting for many many years.. lol.. with this system you don't ever have to change out the grit . And It only uses 5 pounds of grit for idea blasting and feeding conditions. . It's a cool set up.. what I'm after here is hoping to find someone with the manual for this machine that would make me a copy of it and like to find someone who knew or worked at the company that can give me some insider type views on way they did this and that during building these.. a manual is what I really want cause it has alot of info in it that would take the guess work out of it for me like screen sizes verses grit size and banana adjustment for flow rate settinggs chart and flow valve settingd to banana setting for grit flow.. stuff like that. .

Ya I understand how it works. Been blasting for many many years.. lol.. with this system you don't ever have to change out the grit . And It only uses 5 pounds of grit for idea blasting and feeding conditions. . It's a cool set up.. what I'm after here is hoping to find someone with the manual for this machine that would make me a copy of it and like to find someone who knew or worked at the company that can give me some insider type views on way they did this and that during building these.. a manual is what I really want cause it has alot of info in it that would take the guess work out of it for me like screen sizes verses grit size and banana adjustment for flow rate settinggs chart and flow valve settingd to banana setting for grit flow.. stuff like that. .

You will need to replace the abrasive media as it wears. Depending on the exact media and the job this can be frequent or a long time.

The advantage with a cabinet like this is that you can easily switch media types rapidly and frequently.

As far as a manual, I doubt if it will have what you are looking for. The air pressure, nozzle choice, media, and media flow rate are all a function of the job. A lot of this is technique and personal preference.

I get the whole notion it auto sieves out the fines and you can just recirculate the grit forever, problem is as the grit loses its corners it cuts slower and less efficiently, net result is a far more shot peened surface than a blasted one, now that's not say a issue if your simply lightly texturing parts prior to plating or similar or using something like glass beads for part cleaning.

But If your trying to do a surface prep to promote bonding, ie adhesive, paint or powder coat this really starts to impact coating performance. If your using it to strip nasty parts theres also a significant slow down in cutting speed when removing old pain and such too.

To a degree though you can limit the above issues by choosing tougher better abrasives and not using any more pressure than you need to strip finishes. Just realise the magical grit recycling forever ain't mch better than the notion of using a milling cutter forever, yes works good for a while, but as things dull you get significantly reduced performance. Hence why im in - use the minimum amount of grit and change oftern camp, Grits pretty cheap unlike electric and time!

You will need to replace the abrasive media as it wears. Depending on the exact media and the job this can be frequent or a long time.

The advantage with a cabinet like this is that you can easily switch media types rapidly and frequently.

As far as a manual, I doubt if it will have what you are looking for. The air pressure, nozzle choice, media, and media flow rate are all a function of the job. A lot of this is technique and personal preference.

The media never needs replaced as it wears. As it wears and turns to dust the dust collector picks it up and sends it to the bag house. Yes the manual has all that in it that's why I'm hoping to find the manual.

I get the whole notion it auto sieves out the fines and you can just recirculate the grit forever, problem is as the grit loses its corners it cuts slower and less efficiently, net result is a far more shot peened surface than a blasted one, now that's not say a issue if your simply lightly texturing parts prior to plating or similar or using something like glass beads for part cleaning.

But If your trying to do a surface prep to promote bonding, ie adhesive, paint or powder coat this really starts to impact coating performance. If your using it to strip nasty parts theres also a significant slow down in cutting speed when removing old pain and such too.

To a degree though you can limit the above issues by choosing tougher better abrasives and not using any more pressure than you need to strip finishes. Just realise the magical grit recycling forever ain't mch better than the notion of using a milling cutter forever, yes works good for a while, but as things dull you get significantly reduced performance. Hence why im in - use the minimum amount of grit and change oftern camp, Grits pretty cheap unlike electric and time!

Yep it auto sieves. As the grit dulls it don't circulate but a few more times before it's picked up and sent to dust collector..

Hello, I have the 6048 Cyclo-Blast cabinet and I'm looking for a manual as well. Trying to replace all (35) filter bags also for a reasonable price. Waiting for a call back from David.

EDIT- I spoke with David at Vista and they have the manual. I ordered a printed manual that cover all the models and will send you one if you haven't found one yet. They also have a filter conversion to use solid block filters.

Attachments

• blast4.jpg
    blast4.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 20180614_135224.jpg
    20180614_135224.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Hello, I have the 6048 Cyclo-Blast cabinet and I'm looking for a manual as well. Trying to replace all (35) filter bags also for a reasonable price. Waiting for a call back from David.

EDIT- I spoke with David at Vista and they have the manual. I ordered a printed manual that cover all the models and will send you one if you haven't found one yet. They also have a filter conversion to use solid block filters.

Got anymore pictures of your cabinet? I got the 48x36 but want the 60" wide.. Yes Dave has anything you need for your cabinet, The dust bags are 42.00 ea. Its a lot better to swap it out to the cartridge filters and cheaper..

Do you still need a manual? Did you convert over to the solid filters? Not sure what these go for used but the pair was $500. The orange Clemco is up and running , the Cyclo-Blast will require some work, air plumbing/regulators/filters etc. This 60" wide cabinet will fit the widest parts of a horizontal band saw I'm working on as the local blasting/powder coating place is asking $130 an hour.

Attachments

• 20180504_164512.jpg
    20180504_164512.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 20180504_164455.jpg
    20180504_164455.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 127
Do you still need a manual? Did you convert over to the solid filters? Not sure what these go for used but the pair was $500. The orange Clemco is up and running , the Cyclo-Blast will require some work, air plumbing/regulators/filters etc. This 60" wide cabinet will fit the widest parts of a horizontal band saw I'm working on as the local blasting/powder coating place is asking $130 an hour.

That's a good price for them. Wanna sell the cyclo-blast? I have don't converted mine yet but it's super easy. Give me a call to talk selling me your cyclo-blast or how to convert it. I'll tell you how if you won't sell it to me..
Thanks bub. . Jeremy

Any one else have a Cyclo-Blast? Id really like to find one of there pressurized cabinets. Anyone got one of those?

Post pictures guys. I love these cabinets..

I'd like a set up to "dustless" blast outside, not sure if a pressure pot can be retro fitted for water injection? I fit just fine inside the 60x48" Cyco-Blast.

Attachments

• 20180525_091150.jpg
    20180525_091150.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 83
I'd like a set up to "dustless" blast outside, not sure if a pressure pot can be retro fitted for water injection? I fit just fine inside the 60x48" Cyco-Blast.

I like the whole wet blasting idea but i think theres problems with it. Water and bare metal dont mix. i see these guys wet blateing and waiting a day to let it dry and painting the next day but the haze of rust has already started so it ends up being painted over. How long is this paint job gonna work like this? Like the whole wet blasting thing but still dry blasting myself.. they make wet blast cabinets too.. wanna sell your cyclo-blast? im looking for a bigger cabinet

Any one else have a Cyclo-Blast? Id really like to find one of there pressurized cabinets. Anyone got one of those?

Post pictures guys. I love these cabinets..

Back