What's new
What's new

Ingersoll Cutting Tools tech support now on Practical Machinist

vr6

Aluminum
Hello everyone, (if admins so happen to delete for any fair reason, i absolutely understand).

In the last year or so, ICTC has released a brand new website that is very mobile friendly and with that, made searching for current and sometimes outdated tooling offered from Ingersoll super easy using the AKITA search right from any page on the ICTC website.

I'd like today to be a change in the way that myself here at Ingersoll can help out with any tech questions related to any and all Ingersoll Cutting Tools information.

At my fingers tips, i can locate that outdated cutter body that you are not sure what insert or screw you need. Can also help with application questions, what size cutter to use, or what speeds and feeds to start with also.

Questions can be for any products. Milling, Turning, Hole Making and even Boring too.

please don't hesitate to submit a reply here or a personal message.

So go online today and check out the latest tooling available from Ingersoll Cutting Tools.

Ingersoll Cutting Tools - Metal Cutting Experts

I will be monitoring this page everyday from 8am to 5pm monday thru friday(central time) and any extra time from home as well. Will do my best to answer questions within 24hrs during the weekday and when i have time on the weekends from home, Thanks...

Last edited:
If'n your gonna stick around, you'd better show the price for both the cutter your going to spam, as well as the replacement insert cost's.

idk, I personally think it's a great idea.

Can't tell you the amount of tooling that I get that has NO web signature. Punch the part number right in to google and nothing comes up.

Granted...my intent is usually to resell, but if I can't figure out what it is, it's not too hard to think that the next owner may also have difficulty identifying replacement parts.

^ Agree, few go to IMTS show and as a receiver of American Machinist until they went online I wonder how many bother to look at that…

Vendors might as well wander out to the hen-house & see if anything is going on? Can't hurt.

Good luck
Matt

which cutter and insert do you need a price for?
digger doug is one of the Forum Police. He's not asking for a specific price quote; he's trying to establish rules of engagement.

For myself, I think assistance dealing with Ingersoll's huge number of quickly-obsoleted products would be quite welcome here, with or without pricing.

I know your company has a lot of products and that prices change. But, speaking as a customer, I find that if I have to ask for a quote for every item that I may be considering, is a definite turn off. It makes any search process a LOT longer for the customer, who probably has limited time.

I am a FIRM believer in the old axiom, "If you (I) have to ask, then, you (I) CAN"T afford it." Pricing should always be on the first page where a customer sees an item. That includes posts here, answers to customer questions, your web pages, any paper catalogs, etc. The web guys can do it if they try.

And it should be actual prices, not just some list price that is always discounted.

That's my opinion and boy, am I ever sticking to it.

which cutter and insert do you need a price for?

I know your company has a lot of products and that prices change. But, speaking as a customer, I find that if I have to ask for a quote for every item that I may be considering, is a definite turn off. It makes any search process a LOT longer for the customer, who probably has limited time.

I am a FIRM believer in the old axiom, "If you (I) have to ask, then, you (I) CAN"T afford it." Pricing should always be on the first page where a customer sees an item. That includes posts here, answers to customer questions, your web pages, any paper catalogs, etc. The web guys can do it if they try.

And it should be actual prices, not just some list price that is always discounted.

That's my opinion and boy, am I ever sticking to it.

totally understand your point of view. you actually can get a price directly from the website after you create a login account.

the only items that get quoted today are for specials and for discount quantities.

just an example below on 1 item: Price direct on the company website
apkt ictc.jpg

apkt msc.jpg

you can see that we are offering the same product with a price just like msc does on there website

we have many customers that buy direct from our website, a lot of the time getting a price better from us then there local distributor.

Back