inserted carbide tool replacement screw source
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Elyria Ohio
    Posts
    1,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3546
    Likes (Received)
    790

    Default inserted carbide tool replacement screw source

    Have you guys found a source for replacement screws for inserted carbide cutters? I know you can get them from the manufacturer - if you know who they are. But I have some tools with no known source that I would like to keep a supply of screws on hand for (possibly without buying a box of several hundred).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    8,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2003
    Likes (Received)
    5856

    Default

    I bought from this guy: 100 Pieces THFC-023 Insert Screw: MS-1986 .. SR14-544S .. SE02-82 .. SM40-093-20 | eBay and was happy enough with what I paid and got. If you contact him I think he can help with finding the right size for your tooling.

  3. Likes Joe Miranda liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    4,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1620
    Likes (Received)
    1941

    Default

    McMaster-Carr

    Scroll down a bit and you will see screws for inserted lathe tooling. Don't know about milling cutter screws. They are a bit different than a regular torx?

  5. Likes Joe Miranda liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    216
    Likes (Received)
    1751

    Default

    Maple Industries – Manufacturing Excellence

    They have everything you need.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I bought from this guy: 100 Pieces THFC-023 Insert Screw: MS-1986 .. SR14-544S .. SE02-82 .. SM40-093-20 | eBay and was happy enough with what I paid and got. If you contact him I think he can help with finding the right size for your tooling.
    i can second this post, i also bought from this e-bay seller and they were very high quality. They were actually better than the garbage screw that came with the tool (which had broach material jammed down into the torx socket).
    mine came in a bag of 10, although the other 9 will probably still be here after i retire.

  8. Likes Joe Miranda liked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    1,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    213
    Likes (Received)
    390

    Default

    yep, as above. Good guy to deal with - he'll help you figure out the oddball types also.

  10. Likes Joe Miranda liked this post
  11. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    13,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2333
    Likes (Received)
    3588

    Default

    Mac-It makes them, and has an online store for small quantities.
    MacIt - Catalog

    This thread would be a good sticky.

  12. Likes Joe Miranda, digger doug liked this post
  13. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flushing/Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    8,364
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    436
    Likes (Received)
    6878

    Default

    Since we are making a list:
    Very handy cross reference on holder parts, screw sizes, etc and a very long time supplier to me. The info here alone on holders, bars and parts is golden.
    Not sure on min. order or low quantity pricing as I never buy less than 10 holders or 50 screws but they have been great people to me for over 40 years.
    RMC Tooling Company, Tool Holders - Boring Bars - Chip Breakers - Shim Seats - TORX Screws

  14. Likes Joe Miranda liked this post
  15. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    marysville ohio
    Posts
    9,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2758
    Likes (Received)
    6391

    Default

    Just whatever you do don't get them from msc. I needed 1 right away. A holes charged me over 30.00 for 1 freeking screw by the time I paid their rip off shipping charges.

  16. Likes Joe Miranda liked this post
  17. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Elyria Ohio
    Posts
    1,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3546
    Likes (Received)
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moonlight machine View Post
    Just whatever you do don't get them from msc. I needed 1 right away. A holes charged me over 30.00 for 1 freeking screw by the time I paid their rip off shipping charges.
    Haha..yeah - that's kinda what I'm trying to avoid! But I have been there and done that because when you absolutely have to have something you're willing to pay through the nose to get it.

  18. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Elyria Ohio
    Posts
    1,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3546
    Likes (Received)
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    McMaster-Carr

    Scroll down a bit and you will see screws for inserted lathe tooling. Don't know about milling cutter screws. They are a bit different than a regular torx?
    Thanks - I checked and they don't have what I need but I will bookmark this thread for future reference.

  19. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Elyria Ohio
    Posts
    1,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3546
    Likes (Received)
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Since we are making a list:
    Very handy cross reference on holder parts, screw sizes, etc and a very long time supplier to me. The info here alone on holders, bars and parts is golden.
    Not sure on min. order or low quantity pricing as I never buy less than 10 holders or 50 screws but they have been great people to me for over 40 years.
    RMC Tooling Company, Tool Holders - Boring Bars - Chip Breakers - Shim Seats - TORX Screws
    Very nice site - not what I needed this time but looks very helpful for future needs.

  20. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Elyria Ohio
    Posts
    1,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3546
    Likes (Received)
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I bought from this guy: 100 Pieces THFC-023 Insert Screw: MS-1986 .. SR14-544S .. SE02-82 .. SM40-093-20 | eBay and was happy enough with what I paid and got. If you contact him I think he can help with finding the right size for your tooling.
    Thanks - I will try contacting him. I must need a real odd-ball because out of all the links provided I can't find this one. It's for a Valenite on edge threading insert and it takes a #10-32 x .62 long flathead screw with a 3/32 allen head.

  21. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flushing/Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    8,364
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    436
    Likes (Received)
    6878

    Default

    Part number on toolholder?

  22. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    this page has a lot of spares.
    Spare Parts Dimensions

  23. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    Any local fastener supply can bring in what you need or tooling supplier


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •