Interapid indicators - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had a little trouble with this also as my pretty old 312 b-2 goes back to the center position really good. I don’t check it with jewelers glasses though…

Most people don’t like the sweep direction changing depending on which direction from center it’s loaded. I don’t know anybody that uses one for an absolute length change, just use it for TIR while adjusting.

I have seen folks use it to find bore centers without rotating the spindle but I'm so used to using mirrors I just do that way

Good luck,
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Actually, ENCO served me well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Garner View Post
    Actually, ENCO served me well.

you're the non-hater . they were ok when they had the retail store in atlanta........ you could touch and sort
    the garbage on the shelves . i have two MIJ , "unbadged" mitutoyo 1" indicators that are phenomenally good.
    orange box... no markings, serial no- 00000, enco . 25 years later, balls accurate. $20 each.

when msc got involved, they sent me all kinds of jism . they subbed India tools for stuff that was supposed
    to be Taiwanese . HUGE fuckup. then... sent the stuff fedex and charged me 3x what was to be a "coupon"
    special because it was "backordered" they suck . fuck them.

i didn't pay .

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interapid test indicators are my indicator of choice. I have never bought so called equals. I have never had one act up on me. Did you ever lend it to someone? They are something everyone who does not own one wishes to use so never forget to take the indicator with you after using it to inspect it. I do not lend out these indicators.

If right out of the box they have such sticking I would say that after leaving the factory it was dropped or shocked. Once it did act up yet I checked it over and found the stem loosened. I knew the problem right away.

Getting a bad one is shocking because I have never seen that. It would not be a consideration of them beginning to make bad indicators the thought never would cross my mind. The Swiss make great stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I dealt with MSC for twenty some years and no problems,other than pricey shipping. The service was always good. I was a small one man shop, so I usually only spent about between $4000.00 to $6000.00 per year. Not a large operation.
    Tried a few other companies over the years, but always got back to MSC when need was critical. They always came through. I never cared for ENCO, but I cut back on buying from anyone about the time they merged with ENCO, so never incurred any experience with MSC about that time.

JH

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tnmgcarbide View Post
    msc has pissed me off, so many times.... they've worn their welcome here . none. doesn't matter . they suck.

if you're trashing indicators, get a Last Word 711, or a chinese POS .

rough it in to .001 ,then use your fucking swiss-german-whatever .0001 to finish the job.

remember... MSC is just ENCO ,in a new set of clothes.
    I remember buying 1/16 inch dia drills long drills for reach and they came so badly bent just like someone intentionally bent them up. Three orders like that which at that point it is past putting up with for sure. Forget straighten them at all and why pay for junk. I had the picture in my mind that they were setting up their junk supply to be shipped first in the hope that perhaps selling them off. Maybe who knows and we ordered another supplier then the drills were new and straight they rolled straight on the surface plate.

It was very annoying and a waste of our time and a delay for the job we had.

7. Likes tnmgcarbide liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

interapid is nice... i like the rev counter, but they cost twice as much as a swiss bes-test, which is
    a very competent gage in the first place . I WILL CRASH THE INDICATOR... it will happen... like it or not.
    i have two.

a last-word 711 might be a joke to a swiss-miss ... but has faced unbelievable punishment , and is still good
    enough for most setups.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tnmgcarbide View Post
    interapid is nice... i like the rev counter, but they cost twice as much as a swiss bes-test, which is
    a very competent gage in the first place . I WILL CRASH THE INDICATOR... it will happen... like it or not.
    i have two.

a last-word 711 might be a joke to a swiss-miss ... but has faced unbelievable punishment , and is still good
    enough for most setups.
    Forgive my ignorance, isn't Tesa, Brown and Sharp-Interapid the same company? I know B&S and Tesa are, but I thought Interapid was part of the conglomerate.

R

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

it sure is , and you are forgiven.

and totally missed my banter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hmmm... Maybe that illegal in the receiving area throwing a case of them instead of carrying them has a part to play in what seems like a yunacue problem.
    I had purchased quite a lot of things from MSC ten plus years ago. I never had an issue, but the profit motive gets the best of good people. This is probably not the place to mention that I have a number of these NOS for sale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This thread reminds me why I refused to loan a indicator to any co-workers. The ones I did before making that rule showed me how little mechanical aptitude they actually possessed.
    Dan

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I havent experienced the same issues you are having with Interapid indicators sticking.
    I have experienced other issues with Interapid indicators and other brands as well and decided I could repair them myself...(poor decision). Time and money ahead to either send them out for professional repair or throw em in the junk drawer. Then try to figure out what it is that you are doing that the indicator isnt liking........sending out for yearly repair seems not right....and not what i or many others are experiencing.
    After leaving an Interapid in a cnc mill and sending it into the wall at 1200 rpm an old timer came over and told me...."that thing flew great......landed like shit tho...."...lol

14. Likes MetalCarnage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

While some are unhappy with MSC I find it very hard to believe they are selling "seconds" or "floor sweepings".
    Bob

16. Likes litlerob1 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Burns View Post
    Hmmm... Maybe that illegal in the receiving area throwing a case of them instead of carrying them
    Right, because of all the things illegals are known for, is not caring whether they get fired or not. I guess this is what they would call "Bumpkin talk."

Maybe it's because the fairies sprinkled their dust on the packages.

Maybe your tractor broke because gnomes messed with the gears and stuff, they're known for being mischevious. Maybe it was Witchcraft.

18. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post