What's new
What's new

Introducing myself......

Welcome, Tommy. You'll find people here making everything from parts you need a microscope to really see, to multi-ton heavy industry stuff. Hope you have a thick skin!
Gordon

Just clicked thru your website, nice work! Welcome, I have found Practical Machinist very helpful and hope you do too.

Welcome Tommy, I have great respect for your trade, enjoy working on detailed small parts as well.

Adding to Gordon's astute caution of sometimes needing thick skin here, we sadly do have a resident, mean spirited, horse's arse who enjoys picking on new people and telling them to go to a home shop machinist site instead. Ignore him, he doesn't speak for the lot of us!

. . .we sadly do have a resident, mean spirited, horse's arse who enjoys picking on new people and telling them to go to a home shop machinist site instead. Ignore him, he doesn't speak for the lot of us!

Yeah, he's a legend in his own mind. I think he chimes in everywhere because he takes some perverse pride in an exorbitant post-count. Thing is, most of his posts don't count! Maybe one in a two-hundred is actually relevant or constructive.

Hi guys,
Thanks for the welcome and for the heads up!
I have pretty thick skin and am fairly good at picking who I listen too.
I am a strong believer that the only way of gaining respect is to earn it, there is no other qualification, so if he starts up on me I will be sure to ignore him.
Clockmaking can attract criticism from some as it is very 'touchy-feely' compared to some other branches of engineering.
Whats the form here? Would you like me to post some of my work/processes?
T

Just clicked thru your website, nice work! Welcome, I have found Practical Machinist very helpful and hope you do too.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. The main clock on the first page is one of my proudest achievements so far, I will be sharing more of the construction at some point. T

Back