What's new
What's new

Introduction from NZ

tigertim20

Plastic
Couldn't see an intro section, so hope this doesn't breach any rules.

I'm a fabricator from new Zealand, and a recent convert to the machining side of things, after being well and truly sucked in by the content of TOT and Blondihacks.

Recently bought an Optimum TU-2506V lathe to get started on a few projects I've procrastinated on for years. I've spent probably a couple hours on it so far and getting my head around the machine and writing a list of tools I need to justify to the better half!:drool5:

Ive got a background in light fabrication, but the machining side of things is very much new to me, so I hope the community will tolerate the inevitable ignorance, and hopefully I can contribute in the areas I am experienced in.

If anyone has any advice on tooling (or a good QCTP) for the above lathe, Ill be interested to hear your suggestions, otherwise, see you round the forums.

cheers
-Tim

Welcome!

Not many Kiwis on PM. What part of the country are you in?
I’m based overseas but spend a bit of time in Blenheim.

Re quick change tool post. I can recommend multifix, some times also called 40 position. Lots of info about them on PM. Best place to get them is directly from creat tool in China.

Welcome. But....the lathe you list is a Home Shop, Chinese-built piece of machinery which falls outside the rules of this forum....so this thread will get locked and so will any others that ask questions about it.

Much better than no lathe.

Welcome!

In case you didn’t know- prob the best way for a new lathe operator to learn is community college courses. Not sure if they still exist in NZ. Failing that, join a Model Engineering club- there are many on both north and south island.

L7

Welcome, I'm happy you have found us and hope you stick around to share your experience and learn the things you need to be productive with the tools you have.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Back