What's new
What's new

Introductory Gear Tutorial

wheels17

Stainless
This web page has the best explanation of of gear function and terms that I've seen. It's not a design tool, it is a learning tool. It clearly explains gears with interactive animations that demonstrate the principles behind gears. It starts out as fundamental as can be, but eventually demonstrates where and how things like base circle, pitch circle, pressure angle, involute profile, etc. arise and interact in the best way I've seen.

Gears – Bartosz Ciechanowski

That is excellent. Really well done. It may be the best I have ever seen on Gore's Interwebs.

I'm curious how you stumbled upon it. Thanks for posting it. Bookmaked to share.

This web page has the best explanation of of gear function and terms that I've seen. It's not a design tool, it is a learning tool. It clearly explains gears with interactive animations that demonstrate the principles behind gears. It starts out as fundamental as can be, but eventually demonstrates where and how things like base circle, pitch circle, pressure angle, involute profile, etc. arise and interact in the best way I've seen.

Gears – Bartosz Ciechanowski

I, too, found Bartosz's explanations to be excellent! That was to be the subject of Part 1 of an upcoming YouTube video, but now in can just link to his site!

Back