What's new
What's new

iPad Case for Shop Use?

Nerdlinger

Stainless
Hi Everyone!

I want to start using an iPad connected to Dropbox for setup sheets instead of continually printing out new ones and updating the paper folders every time we change which insert we use on a certain job or whatever. (I figure it will also be cool to take pictures or even videos with to communicate certain steps in the setup process!)

I want it to have good grip and a stand but it looks like most of them only protect 5 sides and leave the screen open to the elements. I worry chips would get in every nook and cranny (as they tend to do) so maybe I need a "waterproof" one? Anyways, does anyone have a case they recommend for shop use?

Thank you!

Hi Everyone!

I want to start using an iPad connected to Dropbox for setup sheets instead of continually printing out new ones and updating the paper folders every time we change which insert we use on a certain job or whatever. (I figure it will also be cool to take pictures or even videos with to communicate certain steps in the setup process!)

I want it to have good grip and a stand but it looks like most of them only protect 5 sides and leave the screen open to the elements. I worry chips would get in every nook and cranny (as they tend to do) so maybe I need a "waterproof" one? Anyways, does anyone have a case they recommend for shop use?

Thank you!

Check out the otterbox defender series case. It has a screen protector built in and completely seals the ipad from the elements.

If you want a full screen cover, you're pretty much stuck with Lifeproof or Otterbox. You should also investigate the Supcase Unicorn Beetle pro line, they're like an Otterbox with less warranty, and way less sticker shock. I loved mine for my HTC M8 and Samsung Galaxy S8.

I had a Otterbox, which was ok, but I found the Griffin Survivor case to be the most durable, after repeated drops, and still going strong after over 5 yrs of international travel, etc.

Check out the otterbox defender series case. It has a screen protector built in and completely seals the ipad from the elements.

Thanks! Is the "built-in screen protector" like a clear film that prevents anyone from actually directly contacting the screen or is it just like a book cover that you can close when you're not using it?

The Otterbox and Griffin have a clear screen that stays on the case, and does not interfere with the touch screen function. The original screen is never exposed.

Back