What's new
What's new

"IRS"auctions, legit?

cyanidekid

Titanium
just participated in an auction with Industrial Recovery Services ( "IRS"), and I am wondering if I should have entered my intended maximum bid with them.

does anyone have any experience with them where you got the item for less that your entered maximum bid? I.E. , are they entering straw bids to get up to your max?

just participated in an auction with Industrial Recovery Services ( "IRS"), and I am wondering if I should have entered my intended maximum bid with them.

does anyone have any experience with them where you got the item for less that your entered maximum bid? I.E. , are they entering straw bids to get up to your max?

ANY bidding exercise, ANY venue, my advice is that if you CAN do (seldom, but it does work with eBay) you pay close attention to any item you actually CARE enough about, and just keep ramping up your max incrementally.

There ain't no such animal as an auctioneer "blind" to the opportunity in multiple numbers other than by the accident of confusion. It's their LIVING, they like to eat reg'lar, and damned few have ever done even a single day in jail, even if they should have.

Otherwise, do your sums, place ONE bid you are comfortable with, and done.

BTW: Time was - and may still be - there was a different kind of "IRS" auction. Internal Revenue Service and other Federal Agency seizures and confiscations. Those be honest enough, even if the goods are often weird as Hell.

Not because those folk are angels. It simply ain't their money, and a right decent retirement plan that IS ain't worth risking.

20CW

Back