What's new
What's new

ISO- high quality plug ends

Cole2534

Diamond
From time to time I need to make a power cord, in this case I want 14/2 SJEOW with a 1-15 NEMA plug. All I can find are the typical bulky plugs with screw terminals and while completely serviceable they also suck and are ugly.

I'd like to think someone makes a plug that's basically a Deutsch plug but sized/laid out for NEMA plug service. Crimp terminals, positive retention and ideally including heat shrink.

Basically, a diy molded plug.

In case it matters, the dog ate my wife's vacuum power cord and I'm going to replace it with a non-piece-of-shit cord.

Sent via CNC 88HS

From time to time I need to make a power cord, in this case I want 14/2 SJEOW with a 1-15 NEMA plug. All I can find are the typical bulky plugs with screw terminals and while completely serviceable they also suck and are ugly.

I'd like to think someone makes a plug that's basically a Deutsch plug but sized/laid out for NEMA plug service. Crimp terminals, positive retention and ideally including heat shrink.

Basically, a diy molded plug.

In case it matters, the dog ate my wife's vacuum power cord and I'm going to replace it with a non-piece-of-shit cord.

Sent via CNC 88HS

Check what flavor cord your dog likes before doing anything.

I like the full hand feel of a Hubbell Chord cap and plug!

Since your going to put a new cord on it anyway, just buy a new extension cord with premolded ends on it and cut off the female end.

As already suggested above, I usually just sacrifice an extension cord if needed for 120v uses. I don't like the screw together plug ends either.

While it irks me to no end, I’m with the above poster. The last few times I’ve needed a plug, an extension cord has been cheaper than the equivalent plug end. This may be less true with a vacuum which has a fairly long cord compared to say a desk lamp.

That's fine for this application, and is probably what I'll do.

I still hate the screw together ones.

Sent via CNC 88HS

Why such "Hatred" ?

What if, after proper assembly, you shot some hot melt glue or Gorilla glue in the cord entrance to "mold" everything shut ?

Back