What's new
What's new

ISO Whacheon WL-435 Manual

beege

Stainless
Hi,

Just got a used lathe on the floor. Whacheon WL-435. Nice iron. The person using it would like a manual, as he hasn't figured out everything it does yet. He can experiment, but it would be good to have that documentation. Anybody have a copy?

Thanks

Brian

You might get more hits if you spelled Hwaceon correctly.

Bill

You mean like:
Hwacheon?
Whacheon and Hwacheon are both South Korean Lathe Companies.
Whacheon gets its casting and other major parts from Hwacheon.
Edit: I found this while researching my lathe which is yet another South Korean company Nam Seon( often made into one word., and often either followed or proceeded by Gwangju, which is a city in South Korea)

All are very nice, high quality lathes, the Nam Seon no longer sold under that name, but Mecca-turn seems to be identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You might get more hits if you spelled Hwaceon correctly.

Bill

Thanks Bill. I did spell as the name was printed on the machine. Whacheon. I'm aware of the other spelling, but the machine said Whacheon, not Hwacheon. Odd...

I did leave the H out. Mea culpa, will 5 hail Marys do? I have been working on a Hwacheon lathe DRO lately. The shop has three Moris and one Hwacheon Mori clone. They love them all. In two shops I have been associated with management brought in Mori Seikis and the machinists refused to run them, bad attitude about foreign machines and all that. In both cases the shop got loaded with work and someone had to run the Mori. After that, they fought over it. One of these days I will find an excuse to run one of them. I love my Sheldon and 10EE, but I am always open to others.

Bill

Back