What's new
What's new

Jacobs chuck Industry Recycles

bob

Titanium
I bought this chuck from IR. Figured it was China but took a chance. So much runout unuseable. Complained they refunded no question. Cert says Clemson inspector is a Chinese character. Cudos IR big boo to Jacobs.

Attachments

• IMG_20181218_072901.jpg
    IMG_20181218_072901.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 188
I bought this chuck from IR. Figured it was China but took a chance. So much runout unuseable. Complained they refunded no question. Cert says Clemson inspector is a Chinese character. Cudos IR big boo to Jacobs.

Kinda slow to get the word about Jacobs, were ye? China has three companies making DECENT drill chucks. None of THOSE operate a factory inside the confines of a PO Box in a US Postal facility. in South Carolina.

The best one is doing a fair job at trying to match LLambrich Precision, SA, Barcelona, ES. "Hybrid".

Products : Llambrich

Which is where you get your chucks if you aren't interested in gambling.

never seen a chuck with no runout unless cleaned and had a good arbor.
i often have taken a $5 chuck and put a dowel pin it and put in collet on a lathe confirmed dowel pin has less than .001 runout in the collet then finished the arbor on the other end of the chuck. then arbor and whats chucked are in sync.
too often somebody got a bad arbor and thinks a expensive chuck going to work with it. 99% of time runout coming from the arbor holding chuck
and obviously if machine with test bar in spindle shows runout it aint going to get better when chuck is put in same spindle with the runout coming from the spindle.
i have seen that before somebody thinking expensive chuck will make their old machine with runout work miraculously better

Soo, how much run out is acceptable?
I haven't had a drill chuck yet with zero run out, have 4 different brands of key less in several sizes and several ball bearing key chucks. Some closer to zero run out than others but to tell the truth they all drill good holes.
Obviously no run out is what we look for but IMHO no matter what kind of money I spend is going to guarantee getting that.
Dan

Back