What's new
What's new

Jet vertical mill parts

Wagspe208

Plastic
I have a JTM-4VS. variable speed jet mill. I am wondering if the worm gear cradle (jet la-166) is the same as a Bridgeport. The jet is just a Bridgeport copy...
Jet wants 350 for a new casting. good used Bridgeport stuff out there.. so just wondering if anyone knows.
Thanks
OR a source for jet parts that is not going to rape me. I need a couple of knobs and shaft for a jet lathe also.

Jet sells parts directly at: Jet Parts Store

I would check there first to get their list price and then do some Googling and see if you can find better pricing elsewhere.

Ted
Yup, did that... that is how I found out the 350 price tag. ok, a casting, a couple holes... ok... then I looked at a new handwheel for my lathe.... 360!! for a frickin wheel? I got pissed, so... I am trying to find another option.
I will literally make one out of billet, spending a crap load of hours, and money, before I get bent over.
Wags

Well, thanks for the comments from the pricks.
It is more than fine for me. It was in a fire, the broken part was my doing.
So, as much as I appreciate sarcasm... go fuck yourselves.
Wags

Yup, did that... that is how I found out the 350 price tag. ok, a casting, a couple holes... ok... then I looked at a new handwheel for my lathe.... 360!! for a frickin wheel? I got pissed, so... I am trying to find another option.
I will literally make one out of billet, spending a crap load of hours, and money, before I get bent over.
Wags

What is billet?

Wags

Perhaps the hand wheel has exotic chrome plating.

I made a hand wheel out of solid 304. A pile of work.

At least you have three options, make , buy used, or bend.

How do you buy groceries without getting into a fist fight?

haha!! yea, that didn't count as sarcasm, and certainly wasn't even a "warm up" for where this could have gone! this one might take the prize for "A bit touchy, are we?"

WELL.... now that the OP has taken offense and replied in an abusive manner, shall we go for it, and see how creative we can be? show them some genuine sarcasm????:D :stirthepot: :popcorn: [WITHOUT being abusive,of corse]

ok, to get it started, "well why not take that money out of what they MUST have paid you to haul away a fire damaged jet?

The second he mentioned "Billet" I visioned how this group was going to fire on the (Newb).

He must be one of those ricer guys that thinks if it's "billet" it's got to be stronger.

Piling on I know, but I couldn't resist!

Holiday-Inn-London-Brentford-Lock-9.jpg

Glad you guys are having a good time. I am just a back yard hack... just trying to come up with a part or two. I am not a shop, not rich, hell, I work for a living... so... thanks for the entertainment...

Rule one of buying machine tool parts !
Be happy you can get the part ,pay the price and live with it. Or Make it!
Rule 2 -10 as above!!

Most of the guys on this forum are pros and have little to no interest in anything hobby level. Try The Hobby-Machinist

PS: I don't think you're going to find parts for a Jet anywhere other than Jet.

Glad you guys are having a good time. I am just a back yard hack... just trying to come up with a part or two. I am not a shop, not rich, hell, I work for a living... so... thanks for the entertainment...

I work for a living too, I don't get paid for my comedy routine so consider it a gift :)

Back