What's new
What's new

JOBS SHOPS in Florida? CNC, Solidworks, small lot runs?

squale

Cast Iron
I have my own mechanical engineering business... I develop all my products in Solidworks and I have machine shops make my parts to my print. I am looking for shops in Florida that specialize in small lot runs, prototyping stuff, and quick turn-around times.

The shop would need to have CNC turning and CNC milling capability. Surface Grinding and EDM are also a plus.

It would be GREAT if the shop took Solidworks part files as well.

I have a good amount of work to keep a shop busy. I am moving my business down to florida this year and want to build a network of machine shops. Preferably shops on the west coast of florida would be better as I'm going to have my office around the Sarasota area.

Thanks all!

You might want to try the Manufacturing Resources sub-forum: Manufacturing Resource - Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web

We're in a similar situation. I do the engineering, using solidworks, and we do some of the manufacturing in-house, but outsource most of it. I've posted a few jobs in the above mentioned section and have had mostly good results from the guys here, but we're probably going to buy some machine tools, set up a proper shop, and stop outsourcing because there have been too many headaches overall, especially lead time and quality issues.

Personally, while I'd love to make my life easier by simply forwarding on a solidworks part file for manufacturing, I feel a print is really a requirement. It functions as a contract. Tolerances are right there in black and white, so there's no question of liability if a part needs to be rejected.

Back