What's new
What's new

Johnson Model B Saw - Blade size(s)

Gazz

Stainless
I recently acquired a project Johnson Model B saw and have it about ready to go. Looking on the Dake website, the blade size is stated to be 89" x 1/2" There are some locally available that are 90"x1/2" and I wonder if these would work in my saw. It looks like there is plenty of adjustment in the saw but being a rookie with this saw I'm not sure if there would be issues with a blade that is an inch longer than what is specified. Anybody have experience with this kind of thing?

Order the correct length and whatever tooth count and style for what you are cutting. Bandsawbladesdirect is one of many suppliers out there that custom weld the length you need.

I have the same saw and get my blades from McMaster-Carr. They stock 1/2" x 89" long blades in a number of configurations.

You're right about the blade adjustment...there seems to be enough that a 90" blade might work. The 89" blades are readily available so I haven't tried to make a longer one work.

Thanks for the replies.
I contacted Dake through their website and got a response the same day! Their customer service person said the saw was designed to accommodate larger than spec.'d blades so I am good to go with the 1" longer blades.

Back