What's new
What's new

Jones & lamson die head chasers

We had some but all of that old obselete tooling was sold to Vanderziel machinery near Grand Rapids Michigan you could give them a try. There was a couple of J&L die heads and a few dozen chasers.

Same boat. Not knowing any better, I brightly picked up a J&L 19S off of eBay for what I thought was a good price.

I have since learned that chasers are pretty dang hard to find- that is, merely hard to find for a 21 or 22, but virtually nonexistent for a 19.

If anyone knows of a reliable source- and better yet, one that's not going to charge $200 a set- I'd appreciate the info.

Doc.

You might try these guys;

J&L Style Die Heads

Haven't called them myself yet- I scored an ebay J&L #20 w/ a few dies but a job hasn't come up for it. Really kicked myself in the pants a year or so ago- a J&L came up on ebay with literally a couple dozen sets of dies- it went for $80 and I forgot to bid on it. Sometimes deals like that show up, I got my Herbert die head w/ a bunch of dies that way.

Greg

I believe the 19 heads use the same as the 20 heads. What size do you need? I probably have at least a hundred sets.

Also, some of the larger chasers for J&L heads, but not sure which size.

PM me.

Sorry to revive this old thread, I created a new post seeking assistance for a recent purchase of J&L model 20S die heads. Larry was kind enough to provide some insight including a link to this old thread. I tried to PM Doug but is inbox is full.

Doug,

I am actually looking for holders and chasers for a model 20S and wondering what if any you might have?

Thanks,

Joe

Sorry to revive this old thread, I created a new post seeking assistance for a recent purchase of J&L model 20S die heads. Larry was kind enough to provide some insight including a link to this old thread. I tried to PM Doug but is inbox is full.

Doug,

I am actually looking for holders and chasers for a model 20S and wondering what if any you might have?

Thanks,

Joe

To the top.....

Doug,

Thanks,

Joe

Still hoping to make contact with Doug. Your PM box is full and I do not see an email address.

Thanks,

Joe

I believe the 19 heads use the same as the 20 heads. What size do you need? I probably have at least a hundred sets.

Also, some of the larger chasers for J&L heads, but not sure which size.

PM me.

Still hoping to make contact with Doug. Your PM box is full and I do not see an email address.

Thanks,

Joe

Back