What's new
What's new

Jones and Shipman 540 Parts

Shuttle Guy

Plastic
Looking for the fixed coolant tray/gutter that mounts on the rear of the saddle on a 1969 Jones and Shipman 540. I'd like to get an original from a parts donor machine if possible. I've checked in my J&S parts manuals for a part number but oddly they don't show it. Thanks, charlie

When I was looking for spares for " Jones & Shipman " machines I used " Andmar Machery Services" in Nuneaton in the UK. Of course " Jones & Shipman " are still in business over here but how good they are as far as spare parts for old machines goes I really don't know.

Regards Tyrone.

Pretty sure you will find thats in the coolant parts book. The basic 540 back then came as just the grinder, the wheel guard would then be changed out for either dust extraction or wet grinding ones. May have been possible to order them setup that way, but at least based on everything i have found, standard was not with coolant.

Pretty sure you will find thats in the coolant parts book. The basic 540 back then came as just the grinder, the wheel guard would then be changed out for either dust extraction or wet grinding ones. May have been possible to order them setup that way, but at least based on everything i have found, standard was not with coolant.

I think you're right there. Coolant was an extra. I've worked on 540 machines with and without coolant.

Regards Tyrone.

Back