What's new
What's new

JRIowa, Jim Adams has passed away

BridgeportinD2

Hot Rolled
Fellas-

My good friend and well known PMer JRIowa passed away this morning after a long hard fight with cancer. His wife sent me a text that I received on morning break today.

My lunch break is about over, but I will come back with more information after I get home from the shop.

Very sorry to hear that. "JR" was a great source of good sense and knowledge. I hope his wife and family know how highly he was regarded here.

Very sorry to hear that. He was a fountain of information on Bridgeports.

My condolences to the remaining family members.

I'm sorry to hear this. He was one of a few folks on this site I was hoping I'd get to pop in on someday. Prayers for his family!

Jim told me about a month ago he had stage 4 lung cancer, in Hospice and he asked me not to say a word to the forum. He and I were friends on here and chatted in PM, on the phone a few times. Our last PM he told me he has all things about his estate arranged and his friends will handle everything. He was honored when Matt Isserstedt had asked him to be the moderator of the Bridgeport Forum. My prayers go out to his friends and family as he will be missed by many.

Last edited:
One of a select band of guys on here who's posts I always read. Very informative with a good sense of humour. I'm truly sorry to read of his passing and I'll miss his contributions a lot. My comiserations to his family.

RIP JR. Tyrone.

One of a select band of guys on here who's posts I always read. Very informative with a good sense of humour. I'm truly sorry to read of his passing and I'll miss his contributions a lot. My comiserations to his family.

RIP JR. Tyrone.

I enjoyed reading his posts. Humor and knowledge. He will be missed.
Prayers for the family
i_r_machinist

RIP

He was from the same area of the country as I, and similar age.

His wisdom, wit, and experience are irreplaceable.

Back