What's new
What's new

Need help with Kuhlman SU 2 grinder

rwd3971

Plastic
Hello gentleman i have acquired a Kuhlmann SU 2 single lip grinder the spindle bearing needs replaced has anyone replaced the bearings on one of these and can give me ant insight on this haven't been able to find a manual in it either, thanks

Had mine apart to lube the bearings but don’t remember much other than it was simple. Kuhlmann recommends Kluber grease. I have a copy of the manual but it leaves much to be desired. I’ll look to see if the manual says anything about bearing replacement.
Older SU2s have two piece castings, newer a one.
Mike, owner of Plate Engraving in Medina Ohio is the U.S. Kuhlman rep and can help you with parts etc.

Manual does have bearing replacement. Preload is with spring washers. Don’t think you need it but Pm me with your email, I’ll send a copy of the page. My manual doesn’t have a pert number list. Can say that the belt is not the same diameter as a deckel’s and is an exclusive kuhlmann part.

Hello gentleman i have acquired a Kuhlmann SU 2 single lip grinder the spindle bearing needs replaced has anyone replaced the bearings on one of these and can give me ant insight on this haven't been able to find a manual in it either, thanks
I just replaced mine a few months ago with timken double sealed with as much grinding dust you want a sealed bearing. Plus there cheap

Back