What's new
What's new

Kamakura rotary table information wanted

Mr.Smith

Aluminum
I have a nice 12" Kamakura rotary table I'm spiffing up. The threaded center plug is missing. I would like to make one so I can pick the heavy thing up with an overhead to set it on and off the mill and just to keep grunge from oozing through to the mill table. I'm getting to old to be manhandling heavy stuff. Close as I can measure they are M30 X 1.5 but if someone happened to know for sure it would be nice.

Thank you,
Mr.Smith

Make plug M30X1.5 and try it, shouldn't take more than 30 minutes (plus the time to change pick off gears if you need to), tap the center of your plug for 1/2-13 and buy a standard lifting eye. That's how I'd do it.
1.5 is close to 16 TPI, check your thread gage and see what double depth of 16 pitch is, the hole should be close to that. Or, 0.974 mm is the correct depth for an external thread. 1.181" (30 MM) male thread diameter minus .974 mm = 1.142" or roughly 29 MM, if it's close to that start vwith 1.178" OD and thread and try until it fits.

That's just where I was headed. Already have the lift eyes for use on my chucks. Also plan to countersink the 1/2-13 so a flathead screw will plug the hole. Appreciate the reply.

Thank you,
Mr.Smith

Mr Smith - Were you ever able to determine what the threads of your rotary table were?
Just picked up one of the same - branded "NEWS" - with a threaded center.
Lookin for info on what the thread is to save a few steps.
Thanks.
-CM

Back