Kearns and Richards 90deg head adaptor
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Kearns and Richards 90deg head adaptor

We purchased a kearns and Richards horizontal boring machine at an auction that came with the 90 deg head for vertical milling. The adaptor that goes from the spindle to the head is missing (50 taper). I've searched everywhere for a replacement or a print to make a new one. Anyone have one out there have one that can help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think I can help you there but you omitted to mention the model of machine. SJ 100, SF 125, SE 150 etc. That would help, different models had different sized vertical/ universal heads.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Model is SF 125.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CPilz View Post
    The Model is SF 125.
    OK, what documentation came with the machine ? Operators handbook, Foundation drawing etc ? I'm pretty sure nobody makes spares over here anymore. Last time I bought any spares I dealt with " Cross-Trecker " in Knowsley on Merseyside but they'd just bought out the rights to " K-R" spares. Nobody on the service side I spoke to had a clue about the machines and their spares were eye-wateringly expensive !

" K-R "didn't sell many universal milling heads as they were very, very expensive.

I'm sorry I can't help you in this regard but I'm pretty knowledgable about the machine itself. If there's anything else you need to know I can probably answer your questions

I could climb into my loft and see if I still have a copy of the operators handbook but I can't recall if it has the drawings you want. I do know it has a chart for the settings you need when you set the universal head over for compound angles.

Edit - A bit of Internet detective work now reveals that -

" Hillary Machinery " in Dallas, Houston and Tulsa USA have a machinery " Legacy division" . In that they claim to support lots of defunct machine tool lines".
    The KR line is one of them. The logo is the old " Kearns-Richards " logo. They may be able to help you but if they're anything like the jokers at " Cross-Trecker " I wouldn't hold out much hope. Incidentally they later became " Cross-Huller ", part of the " Thyssen-Krupp " group, that's another line of enquiry for you.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a ton of print for that machine which shows me the part I'm missing and the serial numbers. however there is no information for me to make a new one. Barely even enough information to see that it is an adaptor.

I'll look into those companies for more information. Thank You Tyrone!