What's new
What's new

Kennametal Boring Bar with Broach? Tooling ID Help

teemfan93

Cast Iron
Hey all,

I got these from a lot of tooling I purchased from a plant closing down. I have a bunch of these indexable tool holders, both boring bars as well as drill bits. They all have a bit of surface rust from sitting around after the plant closed.

Would these be of any use to anyone? I tried searching the kennametal numbers and came up empty handed. I'm not exactly sure which machine the boring bars would go on, and the drills are much too big for any of my machines.

If I got rid of these, I'd be looking at say a couple dollars apiece plus the ride, if they arent any use to anyone I'll just throw them in the scrap bin.

Tooling - Album on Imgur

It looks like tooling with a VDI interface. I have used it on a CNC lathe years ago. Just google "VDI".

Those are special VDI shank tools designed for a specific workpiece or process.

Note the Kennametal drawing numbers etched on the shanks... not typical catalog numbers that are searchable on the interwebs.

I see a few pull bore or back facing bars with 55° diamond inserts, for example.

Mike

Those are special VDI shank tools designed for a specific workpiece or process.

Note the Kennametal drawing numbers etched on the shanks... not typical catalog numbers that are searchable on the interwebs.

I see a few pull bore or back facing bars with 55° diamond inserts, for example.

Mike

Yeah, I was going to say I might be interested if they are VDI60, but then I thought about how limiting the integral VDI shank is and not worth shipping to me.

Back