What's new
What's new

Kennametal KCI1 Clamp

TheBigLebowski

Aluminum
I use kennametals KIPR cutters with ceramic inserts for rough hardmilling. Today I had a insert clamp screw break while cutting, sending the clamp flying off into the ether.

The cutter body itself was undamaged, so I just needed to get a replacement clamp and screw. Unfortunately, a "spare parts set" with 5 clamps and 10 screws cost more than an entire new cutter.

;EDIT SEE POST BELOW - I was able to find cad data for this part on kennametals website. use that if you want to reproduce one of these clamps

View attachment ASSY.pdf

Last edited:
PDF not much help. Maybe missing more pages?

Bob,
The attached zip contains the original cad data from kennametal. I could not download the data for the clamp alone, but it appears they had the whole cutter body model available that shows the clamp. They show a simple thru countersink not angled, maybe mine is just distorted from use, everything else matches up to what i was seeing.

View attachment KCI1_CLAMP_GEOMETRY.zip

Not one to undercut a guy but I'd make those a couple times a year for $35 a clamp...��

No joke, I wouldn't be surprised if people bought them at $20-25 a pop on ebay. (when the minimum purchase of 5 is like 150 delivered from kennametal, + screws)

If you have an autothreading edm, you could set up a little burn block and have 50 of them practically done when you come in the next morning. Could be a decent side gig.

Back