What's new
What's new

Kennedy tool boxes

digr

Plastic
bought five kennedy boxes on on craigslist for $125 which I thought was a good buy and didn't try to get him lower. The boxes have never been used. The problem was that they were missing 18 pulls which I didn't think was a big deal until I e mailed kennedy and found that they no longer supplied pulls for the older boxes. I asked the lady why a company like Kennedy wouldn't stock pulls that probably cost less than five cents apiece to keep in stock, she said she was sorry but that's the way it is but said that they have a newer style and she sent one to try and if I could get it to work the pulls were $5.56 each. well I had to drill and file but got it to work and was able to get 20% off so I ended up spending $200 for the lot. Oh and they all had keys

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 265
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 234
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 234
More pics, today's prices over $2200
20 percent off code CS202019 It seems to work with all there products

Attachments

• DSCN4631.jpg
    DSCN4631.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 174
  • drawr.jpg
    drawr.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 171
Good deal on the boxes..

BUT.. I assume you are a machinist, and you just paid $200 for some POS plastic handles
that aren't much bigger than a Good & Plenty...

If you said $25, OK, but $200 F'n Dollars.. For some plastic junk? A $10 bar of aluminum,
and an hour or so, and you could have had the best looking Kennedy's in your entire state.

Its not like they are a Gerstner, they aren't collectible, they look like shit.. And they are
literally The.. Color.. Of.. Shit.. If your friend had a car the color of a Kennedy, you
would make fun of him because his car was Shit Brown.

That was a good deal though.

I absolutely hate those original pulls. I've replaced some with plain stainless pulls from the hardware store. But... I don't ever need to use the front cover either.

Oh yeah, the glides suck too.

Good deal on the boxes..

BUT.. I assume you are a machinist, and you just paid $200 for some POS plastic handles

If you said $25, OK, but $200 F'n Dollars.. For some plastic junk? A $10 bar of aluminum,
and an hour or so, and you could have had the best looking Kennedy's in your entire state.

Its not like they are a Gerstner, they aren't collectible, they look like shit.. And they are
literally The.. Color.. Of.. Shit.. If your friend had a car the color of a Kennedy, you

I thought about making pulls but scene I am giving them to my sons I wanted them all the same and there are 27 drawers and 44 pulls and had to be 3/8" thick to be able to latch the front cover, I took the easy way out. The pulls cost $75 not $200. And I guess I don't mind the shit brown, come to think of it my truck is shit brown.

And I guess I don't mind the shit brown, come to think of it my truck is shit brown.

Late 70's Ford Shit Brown, on a late 70's Ford isn't bad.. Especially with a respray with some metal flake in it..

But at least its not white.. One of my irrational pet peeves is White Trucks.. I HATE that with a passion, I'd rather have Shit Brown, Baby Shit Green or Piss Yellow before White.. I'd even prefer one of those colors that woman talk about that I don't even know WTF it is before white.. WTF is Mauve???? and no, I'm not going to look it up.. I don't need to know!!

Looking back at the car colors of the 70's, its not hard to understand why Prozac was invented.

Lousy pulls and the slides are no good. And the five boxes are worth over $2K at today's prices.

Why am I totally happy with my Husky tool boxes? Slides work well and the drawers have built in pulls. Sorry, I am a practical person who is not impressed with names. Watch me get banned for talking about import stuff here, which I am sure the Husky boxes are.

I absolutely hate those original pulls. I've replaced some with plain stainless pulls from the hardware store. But... I don't ever need to use the front cover either.

Oh yeah, the glides suck too.

Late 70's Ford Shit Brown, on a late 70's Ford isn't bad.. Especially with a respray with some metal flake in it..

But at least its not white.. One of my irrational pet peeves is White Trucks.. I HATE that with a passion, I'd rather have Shit Brown, Baby Shit Green or Piss Yellow before White.. I'd even prefer one of those colors that woman talk about that I don't even know WTF it is before white.. WTF is Mauve???? and no, I'm not going to look it up.. I don't need to know!!

Looking back at the car colors of the 70's, its not hard to understand why Prozac was invented.

Thanks for keeping it to yourself when I showed up at your shop in my white Duramax. LOL I just find it to be hot enough in a white truck let alone a darker one when I'm in the Southwest.

literally The.. Color.. Of.. Shit.. If your friend had a car the color of a Kennedy, you would make fun of him because his car was Shit Brown.

You liked them better when they were sour-apple green wrinkle finish, then?

I don't think even Ford's Mercury division ever painted a car that colour, and that lot held the original patent on "ugly" until Edsel Division re-filed with improvements.

Good deal on the boxes..

Wow.
Tough room......

Kennedy tool box repair has been one of my back-burner jobs over the last two weeks. We have some very beat up Kennedys around the shop, but they do what we need them to. Two of the smaller 20" boxes have missing/broken pulls that I was planning on making a set of simple aluminum ones to replace. My local locksmith has been very crafty and economical about cutting keys for the ones that don't have them (and don't have codes for). That and some paint will keep them going for another 70+ years.

Best truck I ever had was a white Ford and yeah, I hate the color of those brown, wrinkle finish boxes too.

JH

Been that way for a while.

Odd thing is how few who hate on 'em ever bother to re-paint theirs some other colour!

The used green one I was gifted with as a youngster had been repainted safety ORANGE.
But only on the outside.

Pre laser and lithium battery days, so ever' thing as lived inside of it was stone-blind and didn't much give a damn.

Back