What's new
What's new

Keystone is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob

Titanium
After 10 years of fing around TRP pulled the plug. Can someone explain to me how killing this project will reduce global warming?
Bob

Bob, the oil will still be moved, just on trains that are less safe, use more energy, and cost more.

It’s all political optics.

As America and the rest of the world opens up post covid, I’d suggest there will be an energy shortage.

L7

If the science is true that they heat tar sands to extract
the crude, then more heat is used in the process, more fuel
is burned to just extract the crude oil. So more Co2 emissions
even before the customer receives the oil. If I am wrong on this
someone please correct me and educate all of us. Thanks.

-Doozer

The attack on pipelines has nothing to do with energy or technology or even facts.

It's payback for all the people who need their emotional needs met in exchange for their votes. One hand washes the other. And the hollow moron (and his administration) got a lot of hands to wash and mouth to feed....so open up your wallets, men!

After 10 years of fing around TRP pulled the plug. Can someone explain to me how killing this project will reduce global warming?
Bob

It is actually increasing emissions. Consider also the silliness of Biden also removing opposition on the Russian pipeline to Europe Germany for starters just recently. The opposition went against what Europe even wanted. They need the energy. No problem with that except it opens up a lot of influence in Europe dependent on Russian oil. They may convince Europe to align with them due to the dependence.

It is rather silly overall that we ever thought the construction would stop and it involved us in the Ukraine standoff because the conflict was complicated by Ukraine holding the construction up so bad. They were bear baiting.

Russia routed the pipeline other places. Russia deserves to make a living too. Wasting time blocking and sanctioning them only encourages military conflict. That is stupid.

For the "follow the money" guys-

Keystone was obsolete by the time it was designed.
The crude is was supposed to deliver has been routed by other existing pipeline infrastructure and it has been that way for years.
I don't see so much in way of politics here as just plain economics.

if history teaches us any thing it should teach us that you need to get rid of your enemies or they will come back to haunt you . one thing i can tell you for sure . if i was the guy in there before none of this would be happening now . as i only see things black / white , yes / no and the ones that are there now would have never been around to be there now they would be having lunch with Hoffa no trace just gone . and what a wonderful world it would be .

The crude is was supposed to deliver has been routed by other existing pipeline infrastructure and it has been that way for years.

ya east coast economics you know old money economics

Well what about THE WAR ON COAL we should have lots of COAL FIRED CARS so we can use the be-yootiful clean coal!!

Biden announced he was cancelling the Keystone pipeline in February.

At the time Biden's press spokesperson stated "“He has every plan to share more details on that plan in the weeks ahead,” she said when asked how Biden would support workers left jobless by the decision."

So, how is Joe doing on the 10 million green jobs he promised?

Psaki mocks reporter asking about Keystone pipeline job losses

Doing fine...did he forget to mention they were all in China?

I normally don't wade into these topics but as a Canadian my blood has been boiling as of late ...

If it's not political maybe you could shed some light on why Michigan has pulled the plug on Enbridge's Line 5 pipeline.

Pipelines are perceived to be easy targets to placate the ultra left wing crowd and give them hope for their utopian electric future.

I'm not sure why pipelines are so evil, perhaps if we let our kids play with more pipes when they are kids instead of trains we won't have so many problems.

I agree the short term need for Keystone XL was dubious, but disagree that’s due to other pipelines. Suggest reading up on flow curves of unconventional plays in US. Fracking has made America oil independent for the short term: America doesn’t need Keystone’s Alberta oil in 2021. A few years down the road as tight oil formations in America run dry at their usual rapid rate, people’s thinking may change. In meantime, the oil tbat would have gone by Keystone is going to tidewater and overseas. Not as efficiently as it should, but it is going.

L7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back